Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at the gun store where I usually do business today looking for a Sub 2000. All they had was used 40 cal.
I ask the owner if they get some 9mm s in what was his price. He said $500., ouch!.
I left and drove two miles to another gun shop. He had a Sub 2000 Gen 2 Glock 17 version in the rack and it was priced at $349. I own it.
I cleaned and buffed it getting ready for the range. Plan to make sure it functions good before I invest in happy sticks.
While i`m here, a question please. The charging handle is hard to pull back. Is that normal on a new gun.
Thanks boo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, great price! I just picked up the same model and paid... well a little bit more.

Yeah, the handle is a bit hard to pull the first couple or three times. Once it's been worked back and worth some and you figure out the right grip, it gets a lot easier.

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
The charging handle is hard to pull back. Is that normal on a new gun.
Thanks boo
Congrats on your find. Yes, the charging handle is stiff when new. And will remain somewhat stiff for the life of the gun. Remember this is a blowback action. That spring and the bolt mass are what holds the case in the chamber for the initial firing. It will loosen some, but not much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Where are people buying those little rubber thingy s that cover the charging handle?.
Not sure what they are called.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks guys.
Where are people buying those little rubber thingy s that cover the charging handle?.
Tacticool has the item you're looking for, as does MCarbo. I bought one from Tacticool awhile back & it's still in use.

...I left and drove two miles to another gun shop. He had a Sub 2000 Gen 2 Glock 17 version in the rack and it was priced at $349. I own it...
Excellent find! Welcome to the club ;)

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
Thanks guys.
I did give you the link to the FAQ didn't I? It's in the accessories lists in the 2nd part. ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did give you the link to the FAQ didn't I? It's in the accessories lists in the 2nd part. ;)
Yes you did and thanks. I will try to remember to look there before I ask questions in the future.
I did not know what to look for because I did not know the proper name for the part.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice find!
Forget the rubber thingy and get the extended charging handle from Mcarbo.
I will follow your advice. For now I have to try the charging bolt cover because I jumped the gun and ordered one and a tube cover and one Glock happy stick.
I`ll give the rubber cover a try. If it does not suit me, i`ll order the extended bolt handle.
I`m sorta getting the hang of racking the bolt. That thing sure is stiff.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anxious to get to the range and try the Subby. Covered up with work and family things right now.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I almost responded to a four and a half year old thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts