found a SU-22 at the gun show today!

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by mak0, Sep 20, 2008.

1. mak0

mak0 New Member

May 8, 2008
    Well I went to the gun show today and as usual came home with a new toy :)

Here are some pics of it with my GSG5:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004
    That magazine doesn't look like the stock mag...I assume it's there for the pictures.

how does it compare to the GSG? (They look good together)

3. mak0

mak0 New Member

May 8, 2008
    I didn't have any BDM mags nearby so I just stuck in an AR mag for the pic's :D

The biggest difference (besides the large price difference) that I can tell between the SU-22 and GSG-5 is that while the GSG is accurate and reliable it is fairly delicate and probably would not hold up well to much abuse like being dropped. The stocks have a tendency to break at the point where they attach to the receiver. The SU-22 on the other hand feels alot more robust. I haven't shot my SU-22 yet so I can't comment on how it compares accuracy or reliability wise but judging by all the other positive reviews posted here I expect it to perform just as well or better than the GSG.

4. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    gsg? robust?

i do not know...ask the knob creek crowd what it took to break it.....

and I do not plan on any rifle surviving being dropped......

5. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    My SU-22C is a survival rifle. I most definitely want it to take a licking and keep on ticking. I want to put a durable scope on it, but I really want it to be accurate with open sights. I have a large scope on it now, but I plan on putting a much smaller 4X or maybe a 3-9X on there, probably a 32mm scope.

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    well, i would consider the su-16 a survival rifle

a ruger 10/22 a survival rifle

gsg - not a survival rifle. not designed as such

su-22, not sure that was designed as such..ask me again in 5 years.....

the 10/22 though, been around how long now.....

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
  8. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    One of the things I like about the SU-22 is the way so many larger parts are common to the SU-16, which does a great job of being light yet durable and robust. I wonder if there is some way to fill in the area above the chamber so empty .22 cases can't jam up in there? It hasn't happened a lot so far, but enough that it would be nice to fix in the quest for best reliability. I'm still looking for reliable ammo too. It'd be great if I found that the Blazer bulk pack I just bought (cheapest ammo I've found) was accurate and reliable. It looks good so far, with no loose roll crimps like the Remington Golden Banana Bullets, but I haven't shot it yet. Hopefully soon.

That Flippin' Filipino AK-22 looks cute, but the ten round magazine is a real turnoff for me. It's not a practical limitation for most .22 applications, but the ten round mag offends me on a philosophical level. In my mind, it represents tyranny. It smells like the government limiting my rights via the 1994 gun ban that's now expired but is still enforced in many states.

Can you think of any states that still have a lame ten round mag limit? [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Here's a thought. We always talk about zombies with the assumption that they will be human zombies, but what if it was rodents? Can you imagine if all the dead squirrels came back to life? There's like a gazillion dead squirrels. Can't you just hear them chanting in their little high pitched squirrelly voices... "Braaaaaains"? Oh man! I almost peed my pants thinking about that just now. You're going to be glad you had a good SU-22 when that day comes my friend.

http://www.arcades247.com/play-1041-Zombie_Squirrel_Attack.html

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    why stop @ 27 rounds when 50 and 100 rounds are available...

10. DAO4EVER

DAO4EVER New Member

Jun 25, 2008
    more prone to jams

11. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    more prone to jams[/quote]

maybe. all mine work. that is all that matters to me. i want the most ammo available when the zombie chipmunks attack

12. ktwm

ktwm Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2004