Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having shot this gun for a while I have come to a realization.

I feel like the forend grip should be reversed. As it is now under recoil the forward tapper facilitates your hand sliding forward.

If it was reversed the wider part of the grip would be up front. It would assist in keeping your hand from sliding forward, aid In a better grip .

Move the mlok slots forward that are right now rearward.

Think about it and let's here some ideas.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hey, all, new guy here. Another thing that could be considered is a vertical grip.
I know Hi-TechCC is currently working on a option for this as they recently announced in one of their YouTube videos. But because of COVID, it has been pushed back till later this year, hopefully.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what don't you like about vertical grips? I've not had a chance to use vertical grips, so don't have an opinion on them.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well first off you dont need them. They got in my way maneuvering the gun. My hand had mor felt recoil in the vertical fore grip . Plus some have sheared of the plastic rails under use. Once you get used to the proper operation of the ksg or ks7 you'll realize the vertical grip is a waste of space. Just my humble opinion

·
Registered
862 Posts
the vertical grip is a waste of space
I don't like them either, but I understand they are the latest "gotta have one" accessory. I do have a really small one on my competition 9mm SBR but it's just a place to index my hand and fingers so that I don't shoot them off. It's not really used as a vertical foregrip. I tried a bunch of them before settling on the one I'm using and rejected them because they just made the tiny gun too big. It took me quite awhile for me to decide to keep the tiny one on the gun, but I can change my mind in a heartbeat.

In use I put a comp on the end of the barrel to lengthen it as an aid to prevent me from shooting off fingers and it does help a bit to mitigate muzzle flip and recoil from the mousegun. Then my hand goes in front of the grip and around the barrel/comp and folded front sight and holds onto the end of the foreend.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I waa referring to the ksg or ks7 exclusively. They do have a useful purpose on other guns. I use them on my ar15s and rdb . They do allow for better hand position, heat mitigation and barrier support.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh I waa referring to the ksg or ks7 exclusively. They do have a useful purpose on other guns. I use them on my ar15s and rdb . They do allow for better hand position, heat mitigation and barrier support.
Thanks for the explanation. Point is moot for me anyways: there are other budget priorities!
I wouldn't mind trying it out a vertical grip on a KS7 if somebody showed up next to me with one. Mostly because it seems that your wrist would be in a more neutral position, but then it would also make the overall footprint bigger... I really like the small size of my KS7, especially after taking off the Aliens-style handle. (Which is too bad, since that movie was a worthy successor to 1979 Alien)

·
Registered
862 Posts
They do have a useful purpose on other guns. I use them on my ar15s and rdb . They do allow for better hand position, heat mitigation and barrier support.
(y) Barrier support I can understand. But that is the only firearm I have one on for the reasons I stated. I really don't care for them very much otherwise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts