Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO my brother and I fitted out my van into a shtf camper. I got it for a song, less than 2k (it was a company truck, and was well maintained.)

but it was a painters truck, and looks every bit of it, I need some interior bits, and for the life of me cant find them. #1 on my hit parade is the plastic insert for the step well inside the side doors. (the part that is actually the step.)

anyone have an old e150 in the back? I need some parts!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the salvage yards. there's none within 100 miles of me. (sadface!) I wish I knew the part#, that would prolly help me as well. I tried several online sites, and they don't want to carry those kinds of parts, apparently.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Years ago I saw an article were a guy converted an old econoline into a hunting cabin. He had a bed that would swing up and hang on the side wall. He had a quad tucked into it as well. He also had a small wood burning stove inside and had the chimney coming out the side. It was pretty neat what he did to it!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine is pretty slick, for a bang-up job over a week. lots of storage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ProfPorkchop said:
Checked the salvage yards. there's none within 100 miles of me. (sadface!) I wish I knew the part#, that would prolly help me as well. I tried several online sites, and they don't want to carry those kinds of parts, apparently.
Go see ur local ford dealer. They can get u the part number for no charge. Check some body shops as well for spare parts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Years ago I saw an article were a guy converted an old econoline into a hunting cabin. He had a bed that would swing up and hang on the side wall. He had a quad tucked into it as well. He also had a small wood burning stove inside and had the chimney coming out the side. It was pretty neat what he did to it!
I'll have pics tomorrow, but I seen bunkers where the Iraqis had a whole RV buried underground as a CP.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Already said but eBay is good. Also do a Google for used parts. You will be able to do a pars request to several yards at once. Also Google for ford truck forums.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shtf van conversion

it isn't done, but i'm quite happy with how it's come out so far.

lots of storage. I'm sub 6 foot, so the mattress is huge for me, and I can stretch out.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am in college :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I made a '76 Ford E-150 into sort of a camper back in the early '80s.Whitney's catalog had a slew of conversion parts for vans but I couldn't afford them,so I built my own.I built a cabinet for a sink and icebox,a couch that folded down into a bed,an overhead console and a doghouse console.The sink was made from a Dollar Store stainless steel bowl with a drain from the dump and a manual pump handle faucet from Sears.Two 5 gallon plastic jugs were my water system,one for clean water,one for waste.That old van saved us a heap in motel bills..at the time my oldest son was having to go to UAB hospital in Birmingham for follow-up visits for a heart transplant and usually stayed for 3 days.Wife and I took turns taking him there and would sleep in the van in the hospital's parking deck..50 cents a night for the parking deck,$30.00 for the motel..no contest.I miss that old van..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, Mine is designed to save me having to pay for an apartment when I go to Eugene for college. All I have to do is sign up for gym, and I get free use of showers! (it's nice to get a cheap gym to keep in shape)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts