Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. How long did it take to get it back?

2. My dealer shipped it for me - will Keltec return the gun to me or the dealer? I enclosed my name and address, of course.

I know I could ask Keltec, but contacting them was a fiasco in the first place: got a virus from their web site, they didn't return emails, aren't open for phone calls after 3:00...

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My experience , I email em all the time.. I think they did have (web)some trouble. I heard! No virus here with apple.. I have never had trouble calling em, maybe around lunch and I didn't look at my watch ....The wait is usually 3 to four weeks..,, sometime more depending.. I'd like to be boss for a week.. Iam a logistical and organization genius . And a good buyer too...oh well, somebody's gotta wake up these dang grand poo bears...woke!

I think they save money shippin back to dealer, and you only (nobody else) would have to be at home to sign for it. I drove to UPS that nite and got pistol out rite at last minute. I just had problem with one KT 380, my first KT , a 2011 ser#., it's now my best KT and haveing it tuned rite now @ Jim's gun jobbery...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys.

It's been 5 weeks last Friday and I haven't heard anything. I'll try to contact them this week.

Mikelecka - What email address are you using? I'm afraid to go back on their website.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Call them, although that won't speed it up any. Shouldn't be much longer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The results are in:

60 day turn around time,

Guns mailed to dealer rather than me,

Limited time today so I only put about 30 rounds through each. Wife's worked perfectly, but mine had two FTE.:mad: Among other things, KT installed a new hammer. Based on the amount of wear before and after shooting 30 rounds, KT couldn't have shot it much.

I'm going to send it back one more time and if that doesn't fix it I'll sell it and get a LCP.

(Yes I cleaned and lubed before shooting. No, I'm not limp-wristing.)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
that aint good. drop it in bucket of CLP or LP, then blow off with air compressor, wipe down ,, hell, thats the last resort i know of. i have gone to local gunsmith cause kt takes to long and with these results. Local smith has carried one for years. Lucky hes here!

i have 2 kt 380's, took from dec 3 til month ago to get em running. one's still at local shop for tuning job. I have a kahr 380 runs 100% out of box. KT should dig deeper! There will be other companies coming out and somebody will get it rite and then kt goes up against compitition. There has to be a way to make em run out of the factory!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts