For those who like to drive.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by 3wbdriver, Aug 9, 2010.

1. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I absolutely love driving any motor vehicle.  I think it's my one true love over the past 35 years, although it has been cut back recently with gas prices.  Here are some of my favorite rides over the years.

My first purchase back in 1976.  That's dad driving it.
    [​IMG]

Da Beast.  My daily driver from 1989 to 2004.  Still patiently waiting for me to restore it.
    [​IMG]

What replaced Da Beast as my daily driver.
    [​IMG]

The reason for my user name.  I raced from 1996 until 2005.  These are the 1st and last cars I raced.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    What no big rig pic ? I know it was a job of necessity but ya did get to drive to some neat places...
    BTW that handle of yours 'drove me'  bonkers tring to figure out...

I had a Willys , it was a 4 cyl pickup, built like a tank...
    Coolest thing I ever had to drive was a Ski-Doo snowmobile. A guy owed me money for hauling hay and I took it in part payment. Loved flying over terraces in the winter... :cool:

3. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    That Jeep and the 78 CJ-5 I bought later are where my nickname came from. Even my wife can't comfortably call me by my real first name. And yes those old Willys' just kept on ticking. I could start posting some pics of the places I've been in the past year. Lord knows I took lots of pictures, but a lot of them are out of focus or have too many bugs splattered on the windshield to be very good. I have nowhere near Bear's talent for photography, especially at 59 mph.

:-/