For those who don't reload their .380 brass?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by DaveNC, Dec 14, 2008.

1. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008
    For those of you guys and gals that don't reload what do you do with your brass? It would be nice if there was some sort brass pool or some thing of the sort that the re-loaders could have access to.  It's a shame to just toss all that shiny new brass away.

2. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Re: For those who don't reload?

don't mean to be crass but my brass gets lost in the grass, lol

3. Iexpedite08

Iexpedite08 New Member

Nov 8, 2008

I wouldn't mind saving what I get if anyone was intrested in it. I may only find 10 out of a box of 50 but your welcome to it.

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Where do you guys shoot that it's okay to leave your brass lying around? Other than an indoor range where it will get cleaned up by someone who wants it, it seems to be that leaving brass laying out in the grass is littering. :-/

-Scott

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

I don't reload but non the less police my brass from my backyard range. Then when I see my brother I give it to him and he reroads for me!  :)

Take care...

6. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

My shooting shed has now turned into a lawn mower shed. over the years the 22 cases add a classy look mixed with the gravel.

7. Re: For those who don't reload?

I am not re-loading ...YET....but have been gearing up.

At our club, each shooter is SUPPOSED to pick up his brass, but some do not.

There are days that I pick up 300 pieces more than I shoot.

I don't ever want to say "MAN- I wish I had not left all of that brass, since it is now $200 a box for Winchester White Box .45 cal."

I am serious.....it is entirely possible with just a few events lining up just right, we could see ammo priced out of the range of the average income target shooters.

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

:eek:

9. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

ohh.

any reason this should stay here? besides where should it go? other guns?

10. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008

The reason I put it here was because it supposed to be specific to .380 brass which appears to be hard to find.

11. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I didn't see the title :-[

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

Scott, the outdoor range I go to encourages people to leave their brass. The set up under the shooting benches is neat. The floor is like a water run off, curved cement, all under the length of the benches. They have a special "rake" for lack of a better word, that they drag along and picks up the brass very quickly. What they do with it I dunno. But, the range fee is cheap ($5 for the whole day, you bring targets) I imagine they sell it to help defray costs.

Rick

13. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Sorry man I tricked you cause I added the title after your post. Now I feel bad. ;)

The thread really was specific to the .380 though. At least that was my intention any way.

14. B.N.Real

B.N.Real Guest

Pick up your brass when you shoot,put it in a small plastic bag and when you go to an inside range,give it to the guy that runs the range.

He might even give you a discount on their reloaded range ammo!

15. jeeper1

jeeper1 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I'm lucky to find any fired cases from either of my KTs.

16. shurshot1

shurshot1 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I do most of my .380 shooting at an indoor range so it is pretty easy to pick up most of my brass. Usually get 4-5 out of 7. Sometimes I dig into the barrel and find a few more. I've been pretty lucky to get enough back to feed my reload habit but last week when I was at the range I saw some bags of once fired on a shelf...checked em out and found a bag of 200 .380s. About 80% were Wins and the rest mixed. None were decapped or cleaned but thats not a problem. Paid only $12 for the lot. That should keep me busy for awhile. Check out gunbroker or brassmanbrass.com, they might have some now and then.Cheers, Shurshot1