For Sale forum

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by P380, Jun 15, 2008.

1. P380

P380 New Member

May 24, 2006
    Would it be possible to have a "For Sale" area?
    Something not Firearm or Kel Tec related.
    Like if I wanted to sell my lawnmower, pick up, or whatever.
    Like the classified section in the newspaper.
    Thanks, P380

2. jerry

jerry Active Member

Sep 5, 2007
    i like the idea ;)

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Not by any means an "official" response coming from me but we have talked about this before and the general answer seemed to be that it is okay in the trading post as long as it doesn't get abused.

-Scott

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Good answer. We've had a few non-gun items.
    Does the lawnmower come with an operator? Preferably about... never mind. :-X

5. Nait_Sirhc

Nait_Sirhc Guest

Jun 12, 2008
    One thing that's somewhat frustrating is the inability to access the For Sale forum as a newbie. I was recently browsing that forum to see if I could pick up a used PF9 from someone, but now I'm unable to read it. The restriction states I need 25 posts in order to read that forum.

I don't have a lot to say about a gun that I don't have yet. Kinda defeats the purpose.

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    best advice is to try your local gun shop.

sorry.

7. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Then it would seem to me that you might have some questions worth asking/posting. There are 20 other boards where you can post.

8. Sassi

Sassi Guest

Jan 10, 2008
    So I have to make 20 posts whether I want to or not in order to access this. OK I can do that. See how many times I can say "I agree with that last post." Does that count??

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Sassi, for those that do the inflated post count, there are manual ways of dealing with that. it has been tried.

why not make a valid contribution and become a welcome and lasting member.

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It seems to make sense to me when you understand that this group is not about the The Counter and it is not about the Trading Post. It is about KT firearms and their ownership. The other threads are offered as a service (or a distration in the the case of The Counter ;) ) to our regular members and NOT a service to the internet community at large. 25 posts is not that hard if you come here for what the forum is about.

-Scott

11. cyberdragon

cyberdragon New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    yeah....i gotta agree....i originally came by this forum as a way to find out the answer to one question i had...one question only... ended up staying around here because the guys here are VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE and quite friendly....this place is like a living, breathing, encyclopedia of knowledge.....pretty nice place to spend a couple hours per week....thanks to all for the advice, and so on, and Sassi....trust me....it won't take you long to get 20 posts....

12. Strab

Strab Guest

Apr 9, 2008
    I was on here just a month ago and could view and post on the trading post. Now I see I must have 25 posts to get there. When did that law come into affect, and who else thinks it's a horrible idea?

13. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006

Sorry you feel that way.  Quoting from two posts up from this one:

The Rules of the board in general can be read here:  http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1111130452
    And the specific announcement about the Counter and Trading Post here: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1213455986

Note that the restriction went into play around June 14th so if you were here "a month ago" you would have been under the same restrictions as exist now.  My guess is that it was a bit before that  ;) You are only a few posts away from 25 and can get there pretty easily.  Pop into some of the forums and share what you know and ask some questions about things you don't.  You'll be there in no time.  Heck, respond to this and tell me how bad an idea it is and you'll at least have one more   ;D

-Scott

14. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    About the same time the Supreme court was ruling on Heller vs D.C.  Several folks in here easily got their 25 post counts simply discussing that before the Counter was closed to newbies at the same time.

And I gotta tell you I just love it when people who average .08 posts per day come in here and second guess the ones who have to keep this thing running smoothly day in and day out.  All we ask is some participation.  What's so wrong with that?  I guess it may be as difficult as asking people to get out and vote at election time?

;)

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    When we want your opinion we'll beat it out of you. :D

16. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    When we want your opinion we'll beat it out of you.  :D[/quote]

+1 TxCajun.

and as for a horrible idea, too bad. and run up your post count arbitrarily, that can be dealt with too.

17. Steve_M

Steve_M Guest

Mar 3, 2008
    Well, dang. I guess I'll just have to spend more time here. I'll just schedule it after Carolina Shooter's but before the Armour Archive. Sooooo many forums, so little time! ;)

18. gasisontheright

gasisontheright Guest

Jul 27, 2008
    you have to have 20 posts to view the for sale section correct? I hate to spam the forum with random replies just to be able to see the for sale.

19. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    actually, 25 posts. and meaningless posts have ways of being dealt with. there are many other features of the forum, and much info to be gathered, why not try to be productive......

and btw, welcome.

20. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    KTOG is about discussing and asking questions about Kel-Tecs. The for sale forum is a side service to contributing members, not a service to the internet community at large and not the reason for this board. We sure welcome you and would love to have you become a contributing member.

-Scott