Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

For everyone that is looking for reasonably priced accessories for CP33! READ

10K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Sean Conway 
#1 · (Edited)
I found some amazing 3D printed accessories on Etsy! CHECK EM OUT, THEY ARE AMAZING. (List of some items)

Thumbstops
Ironsights
Magazine Holders
Magazine Baseplates
Magazine Extensions with Hollow Storage
ALL TYPES of Rails
Charging Handles/Rings

#2 ·
I found some amazing 3D printed accessories on Etsy! CHECK EM OUT, THEY ARE AMAZING. I got the AFG and have a Mag holder in the mail on the way! (List of some items) I will post a picture when I get my magazine holder with rails on each side+handstop. Yes, these accessories are that cool.

Angled Foregrips/Thumbstops
Ironsights
Magazine Holders
Magazine Baseplates
Magazine Extensions with Hollow Storage
ALL TYPES of Rails
Charging Handles/Rings
Looks pretty cool. We need to find out if TrungTheMaker does special requests.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/785212...p33&ref=sr_gallery-1-3&organic_search_click=1

#3 ·
Be careful about purchasing accessories. A vertical foregrip on a handgun is not legal in the US. The last I recall, the BATFE allows angled foregrips but I think they're generally 45 degrees or more. The legal theory (for what it's worth) is that a handgun is designed to be fired one handed, even though they're usually fired with both hands for better control, and that's why a second grip is verboten. Don't blame me. I don't make the rules. There are a lot of them, they don't make much sense, and ignorance of any one of them is no defense.

#7 ·
I am not a lawyer, but I'm confident that a mostly vertical grip is considered a vertical foregrip by the ATF. After all, the primary grip is almost never truly vertical. The Magpul AFG (various versions) are approximately 45 degrees and the ATF has given them a provisional blessing, although those rulings are obviously subject to capricious revocation at any time, without notification, and with no grandfather clause.

Here's some info on the subject of vertical foregrips on pistols and not inadvertently creating an AOW.

https://johnpierceesq.com/does-the-atf-treat-angled-fore-grips-the-same-as-vertical-fore-grips

The source has been reliable in the past, but with the ATF, anything is possible even if you have a letter from them stating the opposite. YMMV, but I wouldn't put that mag storage grip on a CP33, and I certainly wouldn't post a picture online if I did. I also believe selling 3D printed felonies on Etsy isn't doing gun owners any favors.

The laws and agency administrative rules make little to no sense but that doesn't prevent people from being convicted of these felonies, with all the bad juju that entails.

#10 ·
I wonder where the specs for the accessories were obtained. If they were copied (or scanned) from an existing design, it's likely that there is an IP (intellectual property) issue. In that case, printing/creating and using these items without the permission of and/or paying royalties to the IP rights holder may constitute a crime.

#11 ·
Just FYI the Stark SE-5 Express grip is at a 45 degree angle and comes with an approval letter for pistol use. I just ordered his picatinney rail extender and that’s what I plan to use.
The Cromwell mag holder was tempting, it looked good.
Lots of debate on what constitutes a ‘vertical’ grip, I try to stay away from any grip that’s designed for your thumb to get behind, and my practiced shooting stance is with my thumb pointing forward anyways.

#12 ·
Well my full pic rail extension from TrungTheMaker came in. Wasn’t exactly cheap, $45 plus $11 shipping. But it came fast. The bad? Well, it’s obviously 3D printed, a little nicer than the FarrowTech angled grip. And no instructions.
The good? It fits well. I thought it wasn’t gonna fit at all. had to work it a bit to get it started but once it’s on it’s solid, no play. Held in place with two mlok fasteners below. Rails seem to be proper mil spec. Color match is actually better than his photo on Etsy.
I mounted a Stark SE-5 Express grip on it.

#17 ·
CP33 accessories are still available on Etsy.
The rail I bought from TrungTheMaker is still available but looks like he’s doing business as TTMLLC.
And if you search Etsy for CP33, all items sold by TTMLLC are now advertised as jewelry, but it’s the same items.
My local gun store advertises a lot of firearms for sale on Facebook, but recently stopped listing the price and instead lists the price as a model/inventory number. So if he has a used handgun for $375 he’ll list it as ‘model #375’ with no price.
Wink wink.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.