Fobus for P3at gen 2

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Eric_in_Nola, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006
  2. nicneufeld

nicneufeld New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    I'm wearing the Fobus ankle version for the P3AT as I type!

Works pretty well!

Edit...thats a new version! Will have to consider "upgrading"...

Edit Edit...well...I'm not so sure I like how much of the trigger guard area they've left exposed in the new version. I do like the adjustment screw, though.

3. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    [​IMG]  I like mine very much, although my P-3 is in the pocket about 60% of the time.

4. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Worry not, the trigger is completely covered and yes the adjustment screw is great. :cool:

5. Deviation

Deviation New Member

May 15, 2007
    How well does it carry? Does it bounce around at all when you walk? Is it kept close to the leg?

6. Skydeamon

Skydeamon New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    nicneufeld

Would that be the Fobus model KT32  ?

When holstering the P3AT does the holster make a positive click or snapping noise or does the gun just slide quietly into the holster.

I have been carrying my P3AT in the Fobus KT32 ankle holster as my backup gun for a couple weeks now.  Although the gun fits snugly into the holster and stays firmly in place, it doesn't make that reassuring positive lock snap that my other Fobus holsters make.  I find myself pushing harder and harder when holstering the gun just to make sure the gun is firmly in the trigger guard locking groove in the holster.

If anyone could tell me if this is normal or not, please let me know.  

TIA

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It sounds like you are using the P32 holster for the P3AT. The guns are not exactly the same size/shape. That is probably why it doesn not click/lock in place.

8. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Yep, Tx is right. The only holster that Fobus makes for the 2nd. gen. P-3 is called the Evolution Series KT2G.

9. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    Fobus does not make a separate holster for the 32 and the 3AT. According to the site, both the KT32 (1st gen) and KT2G (2nd gen) holsters work for both the 32 and the 3AT. Of course common sense says if it fits the 3AT it's going to be slightly loose on the 32, but it should not be loose on the 3AT.

10. Nice looking rig. Is the cant angle adjustable?

11. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    [​IMG] Comes with a slight cant but sadly it is not adjustable. The new KT2G holster for the 2nd. gen pistols does have an adjustable screw that lets the user customize the degree of retention and the ease of presentation. Locks in with a nice "snap".

12. Skydeamon

Skydeamon New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Ugh :-/

Maybe I didn't do enough research but the lady at the counter told me the P-32 ankle holster was the only ankle holster fobus made for the P3AT.....or maybe her hotness was distracting my mental ability to comprehend. ;D

So...help me out folks. I have a P3AT 1st gen. I would like to ankle carry it as my bug.

Does Fobus make a specific ankle holster for the P3AT ? If so.....please provide me with the model number etc.

Thanks