Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you all mind chiming in on the fobus ankle holster for the p3at? I've been looking at this one and I like the cant to it, but it doesn't have the mid-calf anchor that other ankle holsters have. Is the fobus holster good? Does it stay in place reasonably well? Does it retain the weapon the way it should? I ran a search on this topic, but wasn't able to find anything so I apologize if this is just a rehash.

And before we get into the debates about ankle carry vs. pocket I know that ankle carry isn't usually a preferred method. However, ankle carry is the only option for me at certain times when I need deep concealment. I also have a pocket holster, but it does print a bit in certain clothes.

Thanks for any help you all can provide! I don't want to drop $30 without knowing.

joe

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
the_joe said:
However, ankle carry is the only option for me at certain times when I need deep concealment.  I also have a pocket holster, but it does print a bit in certain clothes.  
Having tried both (although not this particular holster so I can't comment on that), I can say that the above statement about it being the "only option" might be a bit limiting.

I have found lots of situations where even ankle carry is not an option and www.smartcarry.com is. The smartcarry is hidden in any kind of clothing and is a much faster draw from standing up than an ankle holster would be. Drawing from driving or sitting at a desk could be better with ankle carry than smartcarry.

Ankle carry can be revealed by something as small as lifting your leg up to tie your shoes, stepping up a ladder to get something, even sitting and crossing your legs, etc. Smartcarry doesn't reveal in these situations. In fact I can't think of a single situation where smartcarry would not be more concealable - there might be some but I can't think of it.

Just an option - and if you can't tell I really like smartcarry when pocket carry is not an option.

-Scott

G

·
I have one. It does an excellent job retaining the weapon. It goes in and out easily but holds it very securely. This is the only ankle holster I have, so I can't compare it to other ankle holtsers. It isn't my favorite option for concealed carry, but it's a quality holster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.