Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the P3-AT but not new to shooting. I have a decent collection of WWII era rifles and some modern hand guns. I am a former owner of a Kel-Tec P-40 and shot it until it fell apart (literally).
I had my first time out with the P3-AT yesterday. I ran 150 rounds through it without a single failure. I polished the feed ramp the day I picked it up. Lesson learned from the P-40. Amazing accuracy at 5 yards. With the accuracy and reliability it's now my Phoenix hot weather carry gun.
Glad to be here and hope I can add something to the group.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Hi, vindex! Welcome to KTOG. Good work with the P3AT--It sounds like you have your head on straight.

I sure hope you still have that broken P40. Your Kel-Tec lifetime warranty will make it good as new.

Packer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

No I don't have the P-40 anymore. I buy these pistols for carry and if I can't 100% trust them I need to move on. There was a pin that holds the trigger that kept working it's way up and stopping the trigger from moving. The front sight fell off 3 times and the slide became rattly loose after a few times at the range. It was just to much. Kel-Tec was excellent helping me but as I said for carry I just couldnt do it. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes here being the new guy.

My new P3-AT I do trust after yesterday. I found the design simple and plenty well built for the caliber. I single hand shot it, limp wrist, left hand shooting....couldn't get it to fail. Exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
vindex1963 said:
I am a former owner of a Kel-Tec P-40 and shot it until it fell apart (literally).
Next time you have a Kel-Tec pistol fall apart or get one dissembled and can’t get it back together, PM me. My FFL stopped laughing after I purchased a second one in a plastic sandwich bag ;D If there’s been no deliberate damage I will usually go $100. Welcome and I hope we can do some business together.

Wilson – who’s also known to have been called other names when buying used Kel-Tecs :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Vindex,

I would run a couple hundred more rounds through it till I made it my everyday carry gun. If you have not read yet, there have been some serious "peening" issues as of late. Other than that, welcome, and hopefully you will not have any issues.

Since you live in Phoenix, I would highly recommend spending $25 and have Jack Fusselier hard chrome your slide for you.

Cheers.

G

·
I did better than Wilson, I paid 50 dollars for my first KT (P-11). Replaced the extracter and sold it for 175 back in 2003 (I wish I would have kept it)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=Dan-O link=board=104;num=1173537021;start=0#10 date=03/12/07 at 17:44:45]Vindex,
I would run a couple hundred more rounds through it till I made it my everyday carry gun. If you have not read yet, there have been some serious "peening" issues as of late. Other than that, welcome, and hopefully you will not have any issues.
Since you live in Phoenix, I would highly recommend spending $25 and have Jack Fusselier hard chrome your slide for you.

If I understand it right the peening is around the slide spring guide rod. Mine is ok so far.

I really haven't had a rust problem with any of my pistols. Every couple weeks I wipe them down with a silicone cloth.

I wanted to show you guys this holster I picked up on..of all places E-Bay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/vindex1963/keltecholster002.jpg

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
barnettbill said:
I did better than Wilson,
Oh no, you did worse. I never sell my adopted children. I fix their booboos and give them TLC.

Yes you should feel shame from selling your P-11. Maybe there’s hope for you, yet :)

Wilson – who’s a loving Papa to all his pistols

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.