Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Nice! I like the concept of this pistol. But haven't looked at one seriously due to unavailable ammo in my neck of the woods, pretty expensive it you do find it, and not many manufacturers of the ammo. Even though this caliber has been around for many years now, I still worry that it may ride off into the sunset because it just hasn't seemed to catch on in the civilian market yet. If it weren't for my concerns of ammo availability in the long term, I'd definitely have one of these pistols on my Wish List!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I pick up a few spent 5.7 brass almost every trip to the range. I am holding on to it just in case. I really like the round, amazing ballistics with almost no recoil.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
If 2000fps 40grain 22 out of 5" barrel perks your interest check out the 22Tcm............
My choice too. Although Armscor's finish isn't top notch, their fit and triggers are. They make this in a double or single stack 1911 with a spare 9MM barrel conversion; plus they offer a sweet little bolt action rifle that uses the same magazines. I've been seriously considering it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The 22TCM is even more tempting to me but I have yet to see those rounds available in my area gun stores. I'm not adverse to buying ammo online but I'd rather have some local access.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well there is no way I'll pay 1200 bucks for that pistol, I remember when they were only $800 wouldn't pay that either. Well we do know that the round works, just look at the Ft. Hood shooting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The TCM is even odder than the 57. I have had a57 for close to 5 years. I reload for my 57 and I have been doing some 55gn plinking loads. I was looking into the TCM but for reloading you can only get the bullets for armscor. It is a short stubby bullet.

·
Registered
861 Posts
22 tcm is as available as the 5.7 and is somewhat cheaper. Nosler makes 40 and 32 grain .223 bullets that should do fine for the reloader. Brass can be made from cutting down 223/5.56 cases( free at virtually any range). If anything the TCM has advantage over the 5.7 for the reloader. The 22tcms ballistics out of the pistol are also superior getting 2000fps out of a 5" barrel for the 40 grain load. The 5.7 2040 fps...shooting a 28 grain bullet. The 40 grain load about 1750 fps.
The 5.7 data quoted is almost always out of the 10.5" barrel. You like your 5.7, cool FN is quality stuff. Some however will prefer the steel 17 shot 1911 platform at less than half the money. The ability to switch barrels and shoot inexpensive 9mms out of the same gun is icing on the cake.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have found ammo on sale at palmetto state armory for less than the current price of 22 magnum. Amercian eagle for 13.99 a box on more than one occasion .

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
22 tcm is as available as the 5.7 and is somewhat cheaper.
True, and if the retailer can get the pistol, he can get the ammo. Armscor does have it on their own website, and it is always in stock and reasonable. Look for Hornady to start producing it soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.