FMJ report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Ohio_Rusty, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Decided to work off a few thanksgiving calories shooting the P3 with the nephew.
    I had about 25 rounds with me of PMC bronze FMJ rounds. The only suitable target
    was a partial concrete block, and that was placed about 20 to 25 feet away. Letting
    the nephew fire my P3 as he hasn't seen a CCW pistol like this, his accuracy was pretty
    good first time out. What surprised me was on the 4th shot, the concrete block cracked
    across the front. Subsequent shots started to reduce the concrete block to small pieces.
    I did a rapid fire of 5 shots and hit a smaller piece of the block 4 out of 5 times. Rounds
    hitting the block gouged out chunks about the size of a quarter, and the fired bullets were just
    fragments of lead and copper. We didn't experience one problem as the P3 functioned
    flawlessly with the FMJ rounds. I was also pleased with the power of the .380 round to
    be able to reduce a concrete block to rubble. It's always a pleasure to put rounds downrange
    thru my constant companion ....
    Ohio Rusty  ><>

2. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    The only significant calories expended with this exercise were those consumed in the burning powder behind the bullet. ;) You are right though, it always is fun to shoot. :)

3. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Well what this did is help him burn calories. Instead of falling asleep from the turkey and stuffing coma he kept himself awake and was able to burn calories better. ;)

4. ib4singlestack

ib4singlestack New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    impressive,  don't want to hide very long behind that cinder block vs your 380...

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Sounds like a day well spent! Family, food, and guns...mmm, hard to beat. :)

6. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Hope both you and your nephew remembered to wear shooting or safety glasses.

You found some of those bullet fragments, but where did the rest of them go?

Shooting at hard targets at close range is very dangerous without eye protection.

rcmodel