Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to work off a few thanksgiving calories shooting the P3 with the nephew.
I had about 25 rounds with me of PMC bronze FMJ rounds. The only suitable target
was a partial concrete block, and that was placed about 20 to 25 feet away. Letting
the nephew fire my P3 as he hasn't seen a CCW pistol like this, his accuracy was pretty
good first time out. What surprised me was on the 4th shot, the concrete block cracked
across the front. Subsequent shots started to reduce the concrete block to small pieces.
I did a rapid fire of 5 shots and hit a smaller piece of the block 4 out of 5 times. Rounds
hitting the block gouged out chunks about the size of a quarter, and the fired bullets were just
fragments of lead and copper. We didn't experience one problem as the P3 functioned
flawlessly with the FMJ rounds. I was also pleased with the power of the .380 round to
be able to reduce a concrete block to rubble. It's always a pleasure to put rounds downrange
thru my constant companion ....
Ohio Rusty  ><>

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ohio_Rusty said:
Decided to work off a few thanksgiving calories shooting the P3 with the nephew.

I was also pleased with the power of the .380 round to be able to reduce a concrete block to rubble. It's always a pleasure to put rounds downrange thru my constant companion ....
The only significant calories expended with this exercise were those consumed in the burning powder behind the bullet. ;) You are right though, it always is fun to shoot. :)

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Hope both you and your nephew remembered to wear shooting or safety glasses.

You found some of those bullet fragments, but where did the rest of them go?

Shooting at hard targets at close range is very dangerous without eye protection.

rcmodel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.