Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Tough call, to me it would be major manufactured brass cased ammo, some examples would include Federal,Remington , Winchester, PMC....etc.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Federal, Remington/UMC, and PMC Bronze have all proven themselves pretty well, and seem to work well in most PF-9s. Winchester is problematic. Perhaps the higher end Winchester, but the Winchester White Box ammo has proven itself to be a problem for many, and its quality overall is very erratic. Haven't seen enough on the Blazer Brass to make any real determinations, but the non-brass Blazer is definitely not a good item for the PF-9.

Jim R

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Federal, Remington, Winchester, PMC, Fiocchi, Blazer brass and a few others I can't think of right now. All have done well in my PF9.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get regular FTEs with Blazer aluminum. About 1/15 won't extract.

WWB cycled perfectly through 50/50, but I have heard that it is less than reliable for many.

Federal 115 gr seems to be universally reliable, and costs next to nothing. This is my first choice for practice rounds.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Well. he did ask his question in a PF9 thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL it doesn't matter, I put it in the pf9 thread but was just inquiring about a quality 9mm load.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
My reloads work great, along with Federal Premium, WWB, Remington UMC. I'm not super concerned about accuracy at distance, what I care about regarding the PF9 is what I can do inside of 5-15'.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I've been using federal for balsting ammo when i buy factory stuff, Been moving away from the rem ammo being a reloader, that rem brass has been going into the junk brass bucket. just does'nt hold a bullet good after resizing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think of true quality FMJ ammo as being the NATO stuff - like Winchester's Q4318 - the "other" white box ammo. BTW, 9mm NATO is +P pressure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with Fiocchi, Blazer brass, and UMC, and would add S&B.

Unlike others, I've had reasonably good luck with WWB, though I haven't shot much in my PF9. And I've had good reliability with Herters brass, though it's dirty as all get out and requires more frequent cleaning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What about RWS, anyone ever shoot this? ran well in my pf9 last night
Had some issues with it. Then again I just picked up a used PF9 and took it straight to the range.

I'm expecting it to do better with a little cleaning/lubing and possibly a fluff and buff.

A.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts