Fluff N Buff is important

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by shurshot1, Dec 13, 2008.

1. shurshot1

shurshot1 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Well, I finally got over to the range today!!  Been waiting for two weeks.  Seems my 50th anniversary got in the way!

Anyway, last week I did a fluff n buff on my new P3 and man did it ever make a difference!  First time I fired it, the experience was not unfriendly but lets just say, rough around the edges.  Not as pleasant as my Glock 22.  But today was different. The pull was very smooth...could be better but its only had about 100 rds thru it as yet.  I found while pull was smooth, release was crisp.  Great shooting!!

I had various loads/makes with me.  Tried two clips each of Federal 95gr FMJ (gun doesn't like it much), some purchased reloads of 95gr generics over medium load of bullseye (not bad), and my reloads of Magtech 95 gr FMC and JHP both over 2.7gr of Titegroup (both very good).  Especially liked the MT JHP.  No FTF or FTE but did have a couple of failure to load (FTL).  That was probably due to the magazine though.....one of my two mags was sluggish and I discovered that when I put the +1 extenders in, I got the spring in that one backwards!!  

I kept everything to 10-12 feet and, except for the Federals, kept all but a few in-bounds.  Also did some one handed quick taps and was very pleased with the result.  All-in-all, its a great little gun and I now carry it all the time.  I'm sure with a bit more practice it will all come together.  I am used to putting 10 out of 10 in the black at 25m with my .40 so hope to be able to do that at 10m with the P3 in the future.

Cheers, Shurshot1

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Sounds like you had a great time at the range. Glad to hear that it is getting better..Yes the F&B can make a big difference...

John