Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times. But I am a new owner. What do I need to do besides cleaning and oiling the gun? I have put only about 150 rounds through it and have had several FTE's. No, I am not limp wristing. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Follow the guidelines here: KEL-TEC Lubrication Guide
Even though the page shows a P-32, the basic lube points are the same.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
Okay, I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times. But I am a new owner. What do I need to do besides cleaning and oiling the gun? I have put only about 150 rounds through it and have had several FTE's.
Several FTEs is not unheard of during break-in.
Also, these can be a little ammo-selective. Try several brands of good quality, brass cased ammo, 115 - 124 grains.

No, I am not limp wristing. Thanks for your input.
Honestly, unless you are experienced at shooting an ultralight 9 with a very high power to weight ratio, don't be in a hurry to rule out limpwristing. It is not like conventional pistols. Read this:
http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235070

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran about 100 rds of s&b through mine with no issues on first day out, other than my belt clip coming loose. Try them out if you still have issues. On my second case of them with no issues at all in my CZ either

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have found that the firing pin and it's channel should be cleaned and lightly oiled and wiped off before the 1st firing. I found some gunk in the channel of my PF9 when I cleaned it, my P32 was not so bad, but still worth my time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts