Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New Sub 2000 Gen 2 and Have not shot it yet.
I have watched videos on how to disassemble and reassemble and am in my 60's and have smoothed up shotguns and rifles but never a Sub 2000.
The trigger is bad with a lot of take-up (which I don't mind) but it has a lot of creep in stages.
This and a general smoothing of internals and tips would be much appreciated.

I have looked for a fluff and buff on the site here but cannot find anything or tips on doing this.
Perhaps my searching is not good enough, but I would really appreciate a Link of where to find this information.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The trigger on mine was as you describe bcraig. I purchased the MCarbo parts but couldn't install them before I used it in my first match which consisted of 100+ rounds. After the match the trigger was much better and I considered not installing the parts at all. It was that much better. I would dry fire it a lot then re-evaluate it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trigger on mine was as you describe bcraig. I purchased the MCarbo parts but couldn't install them before I used it in my first match which consisted of 100+ rounds. After the match the trigger was much better and I considered not installing the parts at all. It was that much better. I would dry fire it a lot then re-evaluate it.
Alright, I will give that a try
About a Hundred dry fires should smooth up internals well, as I will have to pull the charging handle to cock the the gun.
As an aside, should make my arms stronger too!!

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1 for MCarbo. I’ve install several upgrades from them. Would have been easier to do them all upgrades at the same time but I did one then ordered another, then another…. I really enjoy it now. Replacing the charging handle and doing the trigger mod probably helped the most but don’t stop there. Its really not that much cost and made a big difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts