Fluff and Buff did the trick

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by voigts, Feb 8, 2009.

1. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I only did a light fluff and buff when I got my P3AT. After 250 rounds and trying Remington FMJ, Hydrashocks, American Eagle, and Winchester White box FMJ, the only thing that would reliably feed were the Winchesters. I couldn't even get 2 rounds of the others to reliably feed. I went back and did a much more thorough Fluff and Buff with a Dremel and rubbing compound on the entire slide and feed ramp, and got the feed ramp to a very shiny condition.

I took it to a friend's house yesterday to do some shooting. This time, my P3AT fired all of the above without a single fail to feed, and it also gulped down Corbon JHP without a single hiccup both when I and my friend fired it. I put probably 100-125 rounds through it total. I am completely relieved as now I know this little gun will fire if I should ever need it to.

Moral of the story: If your P3AT doesn't feed well, do a good, thorough fluff and buff.

2. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Glad you got it running good. I did a thorough F&B on mine before I ever shot it just to be safe and because I like tinkering with guns. Besides removing any obvious burrs I think getting the feed ramp to a mirror finish and and the chamber smooth is the main thing.

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    The F&B will do wonders for these little guns..

John