Flawless!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by autobahn, Apr 15, 2010.

1. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    When things work correctly, people don't post on-line to complain. As a result (as discussed here many times) almost all of the postings are about things broken or not working up to expectations.

I wanted to post that my P3-AT works GREAT!

Went to the range yesterday with my wife and neighbor. We had four guns between the three of us (actually brought my Bersa Thunder 380 too but it never got out of the range bag). My neighbor brought a Taurus semi-auto in .45 and a .38 cal wheelgun. I had my Glock 17 (in 9mm), and my P3-AT.

Everyone shot well. Neighbor had a couple of failures to feed on his Taurus. He attributed them to the ammo he was using. No problems with any other gun.

I broke in my P3 a while back and have been carrying it with FMJ ammo as I couldn't find any hollow point to test. I finally found some and shot a bunch of it through my gun yesterday (Federal). Everything shot well and cycled well.

I shot really well with the P3. Good groupings at about 20 feet, two handed, one handed, off handed, aiming, point and shoot. Super confident carrying it.

My wife and neighbor weren't crazy about the P3. Both felt it was too small and didn't like the recoil. I explained that it's not a range gun.

I love it. It's soooo easy to carry that I never leave home with out it.

LOVE MY P3-AT!

2. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hello,

Congratulations on your success with the P3AT, its great that you are able to go out and shoot with you wife. The recoil is a bit stout on the P3ATand that's part of the reason some shooters prefer the P-32 as they can get a second shot faster. You can't argue with success though and the P3AT is working great for you.

Best Regards

3. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    At first my wife was not all that hot on me carrying a concealed handgun all the time. Now it's just part of getting dressed.

She doesn't want to carry. She is afraid that she won't be able to control her temper and will whip it out. I think just the opposite, carrying helps you control your temper. I'm not gonna try and talk her into it though.

She does like to go to the range now and again. She's the one who suggested it yesterday.

I am definitely lucky!

4. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I too have had no issues with my P3AT, the only hollow points that I have shot in it were Buffalo Bore.
    They failed to load but that could be due to the fact that the copper jacket was very tarnished. All round nose has not missed a beat. I'll try some other hollow points another time.

At the range, I had an elderly gentleman come over to comment on how tiny the P3AT is, I just agreed.
    He then started telling me how powerful the .380 round is...

SteveB

5. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Major +1 on that! I feel exactly the same, carrying a concealed weapon is a large responsibilty, makes you think twice.

I'm much less likely to blow my stack while carrying.

6. autobahn

autobahn New Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Major +1 on that!  I feel exactly the same, carrying a concealed weapon is a large responsibilty, makes you think twice.

I'm much less likely to blow my stack while carrying.
    [/quote]

It helps me not do stupid things either like giving anyone the finger when I'm driving.

7. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    congrats autobahn!

i just eclipsed the 500 round mark yesterday with ZERO malfunctions so far.  i would have a lot more rounds through it but it was so difficult to find ammo last year.  so far mine has flawlessly consumed 11 different types of FMJ and JHP ammo.  i just love these little guns and can't believe how accurate they are out to 10 yards.  best of (continued) luck with yours,

kb    

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Great to hear your P3AT has been flawless. I bet most are flawless but it is understandable why it would seem otherwise as a lot of posts are for help with a gun that is having issues. It is nice to read positive posts like yours from time to time.

Take care...