Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the yankee hill machine phantom 5c2 (YHM-28-5c2) be effective with the su .22? ad says its for ar15, m4 standard threaded barrels. i'm not sure about how good it will work if it's designed for 5.56/.223. thoughts anyone? thanks. worst case it'll look great on my plr-16

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It most likely won't do any better than any other flash hider. With the .22lr there isn't a whole lot of flash to hide, even with the pistol length barrel. The one you're looking at is a great device, but I'd choose it for cosmetic purposes, and if you just want something to screw on the end to help with the flash and want to save a few bucks, just throw on an A2 flash hider for under $10. My short AR-15's and Ruger 10/22's with pistol length barrels don't seem any better with the Phantom than a standard A2 type, or some others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm guessing I've got more money than sense, as I've decided to pick up an SU-22 and have all but decided on the TAC65 suppressor (tacticalinc.com) at somewhere north of $250.  Something about its look is what's got me sold at the moment, but I haven't yet pulled the trigger.  Still, I haven't been impressed by any of the flash hiders and whatnot I've seen, whereas the SU-22 with the suppressor on the Kel-Tec website is what largely sold me on the rifle in the first place...

I swear, after the SU-22 and the Arsenal SGL-20, I will be buying no more guns, ever.  Well, maybe not ever, but I've got to draw the line somewhere!  ;)  

UPDATE: Just saw a fake TAC65 at Impact Guns for $25 so... that's that. Maybe this info will be of use to somebody. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts