Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve had my 2nd. gen. #J7Exx for almost a month now and finely talked the wife out of $10.00 for range fee (1 hr.) and $15.00 for some range ammo (Rem. UMC 95Gr. FMJ) Only got to shoot 50 rounds but I happy to say all were without a single problem. I know, I know, 50 rounds means nothing but have read where some people had FTF or FTE`s every few rounds. Hopefully I got one of the better guns. Shot at some 11x16in targets with golf ball size bulls eye from around 12 to 15 ft out. No bulls but got kinda close with some. most shots were low and to the right. can`t wait to go back and try another 50 or 100.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats flounder, Nothing like a perfect 50 rounds to give you some confidence in you gun. ;D

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
double action only....
you have to pull the trigger a long distance to cock the hammer before it falls to strike the firing pin

A single action requires the shooter to pull the hammer to cock, then pulling the trigger just a hair lets it fall tp fire

now, just a double action can be shot both ways.
thumbing the hammer to have a hair trigger for target shooting or the long pull for self defense shooting

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Peening. Some of the slides have had the recoil spring catch bored too thin. The front of the recoil spring catch opens up and your inner spring pops out through the hole. You either have this problem or you don't

If you have it, and the spring pops out, KT will replace the slide.

Packer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I assume you are right handed?

Low and to the right would be a common problem -

But it gets magnified with a small gun - like the P-3AT - that has a long fairly heavy trigger pull.

If you have a snap cap (fake practice bullet) you could practice a few dry fires -

If your technique is correct the gun will not move from the point you are aiming at after you pull the trigger. My guess (obvious maybe) is you are breaking your wrist down and also pulling the gun to the right.

Letting your wrist break can be fixed by taking a firm push pull grip on the gun. You can sove the pulling the gun to the right by adjusting the place your trigger finger touches the trigger. You could be too far out on your finger tip - or not far enough out - not sure which. Everyones hands are different.

I do find the P-3AT to be less forgiving that bigger pistols - when I first started shooting it I was hitting over the place - a few feet off bulls eye - even though I was only shooting 10 feet.

It just takes practice -

One benefit of the P-3AT - since I must focus more when I shoot it - I have become a better shot with my other guns.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks packer & Z71. That peening stuff sounds nasty. I`ll watch for that for sure, so far no signs of it. And Z71, sounds good, I never paid attention to placement of finger on trigger today but will in the future. I`am thinking that i had a somewhat firm push/pull grip going on but the finger placement thing has got me thinking. Thanks to all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.