First Time P3AT Shooting & 1st Time Post

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by buckeyedave, Jan 5, 2010.

1. buckeyedave

buckeyedave Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Hello Everyone

I went to the range today with my spanking brand new p3at and really enjoyed it. This will be my CC gun. Nice and small. I figure I will get an IWB holster for carry. I wasn't quite sure what recoil to expect with a gun that small in .380. Not bad at all even one handed. My daughter didn't care for it so she kept shooting my HiPoint .380. I had bought a grip extension for it which was on it. Ran a box of Lawman 95 gr through it without one jam! That was the last box of new .380 my range had besides decent reloads but I didn't want to put that through the new gun. The reloads work fine on my HP 380.

I am happy to be a member here and really enjoy the information.

Take care,
    Dave

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome to KTOG!

Glad to hear you had such positive results first time out. You might consider putting grip pads and a grip sleeve on your P3AT, just might add a margin of comfort that would have your kid changing her mind about not caring for the gun. You might also like the addition to your gun.

http://www.ktaddons.com/

Take care...

3. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The recoil of he P3AT is very light to me. But the checkering I do not like. I have a set of rubber Traction Grips on mine www.tractiongrips.com. Don is a KTOGer and make a great product. The grip material is not thick like a Hogue grip or rubber innertube but it sticks tight in your hand and what recoil there is disappears.

I would recommend you put at least 200 FMJ through it before you rely on it for self-defense. 200 rounds is considered the minimum for break in by many. Other than that, shoot, clean, lube, repeat, and enjoy.

My P3AT is my always with me gun. It is indeed the only semi-auto I've ever own that has never jammed. :)

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to ktog

clean, lube, shoot....repeat ;)

5. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Dave,

Welcome to KTOG. My 3AT has never had a failure either. Never! I find that pretty unbelievable especially in light of the fact that quite a few people have shot it. Some very inexperienced.  No" limp wrist" issues etc.

I use any ammo I can find. Georgia Arms factory reloads work great. All the SD hollow points I have tried work well too. I may be just lucky but I would get those reloads and feed them to my 3AT without giving it a second thought.

I hope I never find something that doesn't work!

Billy

6. buckeyedave

buckeyedave Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome and the input!
    Dave

7. kt4me

kt4me New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Check out the www.pocketholsters.com pocket holsters. The P-3AT just loves to live in your front pocket.

ps: remember it is there when you go near airports, etc. They become real easy to forget. :cool:

8. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
    I LOVE my Pocket Holster. It is the best leather holster I have ever bought or used! Since I bought mine 19 months ago, everyone of my deacons has bought one. One uses it for his P3AT and the others use it for their LCPs. I use it for both my LCP and my P3AT. It is so comfortable that I can sit on it with it in my rear pocket all day without my backside hurting. Plus, carried in the rear pocket, you can easily access it while driving or you can pull it out if your pocket and stick it under your leg while driving and still keep it in the holster. The holster is that thin and that well-made! It's the best $50.00 I've ever spent. :)