Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally made it to to range today and put some rounds through her. I did the CLP cleaning job to it and polish the bolt before I left. I picked up a preban 30rd metal mag at the last gun show. Had 20 rounds in that and 10 in the factory. 30 rounder functioned flawlessly. No fte or ftf. 10rd mag had one ftf out of the 10. Same round functioned in the 30rd. Groups where a little wider than I like and 5-6" to the right at 50 yards. Didn't get a chance to adjust the sight.The range was swarmed with white face hornets.:( I packed it up and rolled. Got to remember to bring bug spray next time. Pleased with what little time I had to shoot it though.

Runningwater

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Sweet!!..Hey if you get a good scope you can just target those hornets!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happened at this range a few years ago. My father and me were shooting a sks and I just sat down at the bench to do some shooting. My dad was behind me to the right when I picked up the rifle and touched off the first shot. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him flinch. I thought something bad happen with a ricochet or part of the gun. I put the safety on and put it down on the bench. Looked up at my dad and saw a white face hornet's nest about a little big than a football up in the corner of the roof. My dad was holding his face. One got him just under the eye. They started to swarm pretty good so we got out of there and waited until it died down a bit. Then grabbed our guns and ammo bag. My dad is allergic to bees so we had to go. I had my 12ga 870 with some no.8 shot in it and was going to take care of that stupid nest. He stopped me. Thought I might take a little of the roof with it so I didn't.
I did managed to get stung yesterday by one but I'm not allergic to them. Thankfully. The noise from the rifles,SU16CA and SAR3, steered them up a bit. Just got remember to bring the Raid next time we go to that range.

RW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts