First time out today with the .380

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Gooseneck, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    What an awesome little gun. I put 50 rounds through it flawlessly, not one malfunction. Remember that I did the fluff & buff before even shooting it, and I made sure not to limp wrist either. Nasty little recoil on it though, I'd rather shoot my 357 or 45, but I'm very impressed. Very accurate at 5 yards out, about 4-5 " groups standing. Just cleaned it and used some grease this time and it feels a tad smoother when racking the slide.

Thumbs up so far..... :cool:

2. ralpho1

ralpho1 New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    your range report is almost identical to mine. I've had it out a few more times since then, and it's been the same. Only thing, last time out a follower in one of the mags broke. I shook it and it sounded like a bucket of parts. Called keltec last week and they said they would send one out. Pretty happy with it for an always carry.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hey Gooseneck happy to read that your gun shot flawlessly. The recoil from my bare P3AT didn't really bother me much but I've found that the addition of a single set of AGlaser pads and the grip , along with a Bersa magizine finger base plate, has actually made the gun fun to shoot.

Take care ...

4. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    I had already put a Hogue Jr. on it and that I'm sure helped greatly since I've got a Hogue on my XD and love the difference. I've still been debating on whether to get the extension though because I'm afraid of it becoming less concealable.
    Here's a picture of my keltec I just snapped.

[​IMG]

5. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome Gooseneck and ralpho1.

Lots of nice and helpful people here.

wyo-man

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Pretty cool looking. A lot of people like the finger extensions with the curve to them. Very few (me) do not and I found not only did I not like the feel but they did bother me for carrying too. But I do like the +1 extensions A LOT and they do not hinder concealability in any practical sense because of the way they don't stick out forward of the grip. Get one on one mag, and keep another mag without and then you can trade back and forth as needed.

-Scott

7. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions Adam on the extensions, I may just give it a try. The picture also doesnt really give its true color, its more of a green than blue.

8. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    This kinda goes along with what Scott said but the pinky extensions do hinder concealability a little bit. It's a personal call if you want to go that route or not, which means you have to get one and try it out for yourself. That being said, my p3at never has an extension on it and I won't shoot my p11 without one. Go figure :D

9. Seaworm

Seaworm New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    A Glasers stick-on pads may provide an additional level of comfort.  I agree with ralpho1, since putting on the pads, sleeve, and mag extension, my P3 is very comfy and fun to shoot!  I think the comfortability factor increased the level of accuracy too (at least my level of accuracy).