First time Kel Tec owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Greg.B, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Greg.B

Greg.B Guest

Just joined the ranks of Kel Tec owners, and wanted to say hi!

I picked up a 2nd gen. p3at today (traded a Mossberg 500 PG 12gauge for it from a member on another forum); it's in very good condition, and I'm looking forward to being able to go shoot it soon! But I do have a question...

On Monday, I need to call Kel Tec and order an ejector or two, as it's missing (I knew this before the trade); can anyone tell me if I can expect any hassle, or how are they on things like that for second owners.

Other than that, I've go alot of reading to do to learn about this newest addition to my family!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

Besides the misssing ejector, might as well get an extractor, its spring and a few screws.

Plus a set of recoil springs, maybe a spare magazine

the parts are cheap compared to other manufacture, shipping is usally the biggy for small stuff

3. Greg.B

Greg.B Guest

I'll add those to my list JFB. Might as well get them all together since I'll be paying the shipping anyways!

4. Greg.B

Greg.B Guest

Update: I called Kel Tec this morning and explained to them I had lost the ejector. The lady that answered the phone and took my order was very polite and professional, and said she'd put my ejector in the mail today at no charge.

Will be calling back Friday to place a paid order. I have to wait until payday since I'm going to order a couple of magazines along with the other parts suggested.

So far though, I'm impressed!

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Congrats on your trade and welcome. I think you'll love this little gun. Most of us do. Nothing conceals better and has the punch the P3AT has. Again, welcome and enjoy your little pocket rocket.

6. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I too am new, and have another newb question.... What's the difference between an ejector and an extractor? Thanks in advance!

7. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    #115 ejector

#181 extractor

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p3atparts.htm

CJ

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

9. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Part 115 is the little Houdini part. If you are not looking it escapes to the Part 115 Colony deep in a hidden cave system in and undisclosed state. No one knows what they are doing down there!!!! :eek:

10. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Oh yeah and a big welcome to both of you! You will enjoy the customer service of company of the product you now own. None is finer in the industry in my opinion. :)

11. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    The extractor which is hooked into the rim of the case pulls the spent case out of the chamber as the slide moves backwards under recoil. The spent case is forced into the fixed ejector under recoil and essentially smacked out of the gun.

12. VT_Hokie

VT_Hokie New Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Welcome to the board!!

You will enjoy your P-3AT. I am glad KT was nice enough to send you the extractor for free. They can be pretty great to work with from my experience. They had sent me the wrong part after I placed and order for 3 gripextensions for my P-11, they sent the pinky extension instead. I called and asked how to exchange them, as the order paperwork was correct, but the actually items were not. They said to keep the pinky extensions for the hassle and they would get me the correct product out at no cost to me.

I thought that was great customer service, and have had good experience on other items as well. As noted, when you order anything, get more as the shipping is the the biggest part of the price on small items, so best get some parts in the same order. :)