Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been lurking around these forums for a while before registering. I decided on the P-32 after getting my admittedly small hands absolutely destroyed by some pocket 380s that I rented to try. I ended up buying a used P-32 with the crimson trace laser off of gunbroker. Currently wondering what modifications/ammo to use. In my reading so far I have heard very good things about Fiocchi ammo but I can't seem to find any for cheap. Right now there is a seller on gunbroker offering thousands of rounds of Norma .32 acp for low prices and I was wondering if anyone could comment on how well it runs. I can't seem to find a whole lot of information about it online.

Additionally, I'm wondering if using the more powerful wolff recoil and hammer springs would have any effect on the longevity of the weapon. Another user posted that the extra strength recoil spring might actually help with wear and I was wondering if someone could explain this further.

Any other newbie advice is appreciated. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the board. My Kel-tec 32 loves Fiocchi and runs very reliably on it (different guns can be picky on the ammo they like). Also it works well with Norma which is cheaper per round (I practice with it and use the Fiocchi for carry). I can't be any help on recoil spring and like you was wondering about the hammer spring.
Good luck with your 32.
Gary

·
Registered
751 Posts
Here is a video on how to take it apart and put it back together again.

And some solid informationa on the gun and upgrades

As for ammo, my suggestion, stick with fmj- 70 grains or higher- you'll be fine with most on the market today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome! I use Fiocchi and mag tech ammo FMJ. As far as mods, the only thing done to mine was a cerakote. You can’t beat a p32!
fully loaded with 8 rounds (I keep one chambered and a full mag) with the pocket holster comes in at 8 ounces!

my iPhone XR with case weighs 7 ounces.

love the 32!

92C5FC6F-59BB-4286-97BC-EF862368FF36.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the board. My Kel-tec 32 loves Fiocchi and runs very reliably on it (different guns can be picky on the ammo they like). Also it works well with Norma which is cheaper per round (I practice with it and use the Fiocchi for carry). I can't be any help on recoil spring and like you was wondering about the hammer spring.
Good luck with your 32.
Gary
Well good to hear that it works at least. Any reason you use the Fiocchi for carry instead of the Norma? They seem pretty close in terms of velocity from what the box says (984 fps), although that could have been from a longer barrel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

A
AbelianMonoid
Registered

Joined 4 d ago
3 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 4 d ago
Hello, been lurking around these forums for a while before registering. I decided on the P-32 after getting my admittedly small hands absolutely destroyed by some pocket 380s that I rented to try. I ended up buying a used P-32 with the crimson trace laser off of gunbroker. Currently wondering what modifications/ammo to use. In my reading so far I have heard very good things about Fiocchi ammo but I can't seem to find any for cheap. Right now there is a seller on gunbroker offering thousands of rounds of Norma .32 acp for low prices and I was wondering if anyone could comment on how well it runs. I can't seem to find a whole lot of information about it online.

Additionally, I'm wondering if using the more powerful wolff recoil and hammer springs would have any effect on the longevity of the weapon. Another user posted that the extra strength recoil spring might actually help with wear and I was wondering if someone could explain this further.

Any other newbie advice is appreciated. Thanks for your time

Reactions:gordon11
SaveShare
Reply Quote

M
midmofly
Registered

Joined Jun 14, 2017
62 Posts
#2 4 d ago
Good luck with your 32.
Gary

SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="painkillerAZ"]https://www.thektog.org/d3/avatars/m/83/83881.jpg?1591104234[/IMG]
painkillerAZ
Registered

Joined Nov 23, 2009
742 Posts
#3 4 d ago
Here is a video on how to take it apart and put it back together again.

And some solid informationa on the gun and upgrades
P-11/P-40 and P-32/P-3AT Disassembly
As for ammo, my suggestion, stick with fmj- 70 grains or higher- you'll be fine with most on the market today.

"Leaving in the field their arms, let no one go even a foot from where they are; for you can never know when you may need your weapon!"

BangStick Training here!

Reactions:gordon11
SaveShare
Reply Quote

G
gordon11
Registered

Joined Dec 30, 2007
1,089 Posts
#4 4 d ago
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your P32

For friendly, fun and politics-free discussion of guns and the outdoors, join my facebook group.
Facebook Groups
Reactions:painkillerAZ
SaveShare
Reply Quote

[IMG alt="Knight"]https://www.thektog.org/d3/avatars/m/134/134850.jpg?1602886702[/IMG]
Knight
Registered

Joined 23 d ago
37 Posts
#5 4 d ago
Welcome! I use Fiocchi and mag tech ammo FMJ. As far as mods, the only thing done to mine was a cerakote. You can’t beat a p32!
fully loaded with 8 rounds (I keep one chambered and a full mag) with the pocket holster comes in at 8 ounces!

my iPhone XR with case weighs 7 ounces.

love the 32!

92C5FC6F-59BB-4286-97BC-EF862368FF36.jpeg

Reactions:painkillerAZ
SaveShare
Reply Quote

A
AbelianMonoid
Registered

Joined 4 d ago
3 Posts
Discussion Starter • #6 14 h ago
Thanks for the replies all. My P-32 has shipped and I'll be picking it up at my FFl tomorrow.

Reactions:Knight
SaveShare
Reply Quote

A
AbelianMonoid----I have gone through 100's of rounds of Fiocchi and never had any problems (the ammo I started with) a trust issue. I first tired Norma during this ammo shortage and it has worked just as well---and right now it is much cheaper than Fiocchi. So maybe after a few 100 rounds with Norma (if no problems) I will use either of them for carry.
Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts