First shots

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by madecov, Dec 27, 2009.

1. madecov

madecov New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Took my chromed slide standard P3AT out today ( I also have the freedom edition). I have a bit over 300 rounds of .380 stocked up  ;)

The range was packed so I went to the LEO only range and loaded up two magazines. Trigger was surprisingly smooth but long

Recoil was about what I expected it to be, I have small hands and really needed to hang on to the thing.

put about 4 magazines of American eagle ball through her with no malfunctions, then loaded 6 rounds of old Magsafe stuff to check function and she fed all rounds without issue.

I didn't have a target but at about 20 yards I was hitting pretty close to point of aim based on the dirt clumps, leaves and rocks I was aiming at.

Overall I'm pleased. This will be a carry a whole lot and shoot a whole little gun once I get to qualify with it.

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    You need to put a couple hundred rounds through it to break it in completely before trusting your life to it. My P3AT has never had a failure either but I won't trust any semi-auto until I've put two hundred through it no matter the cost of the gun.

3. madecov

madecov New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    As time allows I'll keep putting rounds through it.