Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So just a heads up I finally got my extractor pin in from Kel Tec and so I decided it was off to the range I needed to go after about 200 rounds down range with zero malfunctions I finally got everything dialed in it took about a MAG to figure out where exactly to get the gas settings to lock back perfectly and then I just opened up two additional clicks to for safety. The hardest part of the whole trip was zeoring in the Magpul mbus Pro sights for whatever reason they give me a hard time but once I finally got that down I was able to align the red dot with ease .I want to say out of my collection of various Firearms mostly military based this has to be the softest shooting one that I own. I'm not going to say this one is bulletproof yet until I get a couple thousand rounds down but so far it's looking really good, as for the Red Dot the holosun perform flawless very easy to pick up I'm really happy with it do far. You guys have any questions let me know I'm sorry didn't take pictures of any of the paper this is only a 25-yard indoor range. And at 25 yards on a really shotty bean bag as a bipod I was grouping about 2 inches mind you this is with the black front post on a black Target in a dimmly lit indoor range not the best condition to be zeroing in at let alone shooting for accuracy. So far I'm really happy can't wait to take it out to 100yrd in the fl sun. (American eagle 55gr is all I used)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the link. The image hosting here can be a bit spotty, so Imgur is a good idea, so long as you don't feed the trolls. I sometimes forget that there are people who just browse Imgur... I wish I knew why.

Show us some target pics once you get to the 100 yard range. We like to see that kind of stuff here, and it helps to set a baseline for other folks' expectations.

May your backstop never ricochet and hit you in the eye, and may your shots be steady and true.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brand new owner so trying to get whatever info I can. Did you have a specific serial number that told Kel Tec that you needed the new pins? And when you set your gas settings, did you open it up all the way then backed down or did you tighten it up all the way then loosened it up?

Thanks for any info, much appreciated

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand new owner so trying to get whatever info I can. Did you have a specific serial number that told Kel Tec that you needed the new pins? And when you set your gas settings, did you open it up all the way then backed down or did you tighten it up all the way then loosened it up?

Thanks for any info, much appreciated
I just emailed them and asked for one they said yes no questions asked. I put the old one in a bag. I started out running it closed so it would not lock back. Then I put one round in the mag each time while opening her up. Then once she locked back I click two more clicks open for reliability sake. After that I put a dab of silver paint marker to know where my best setting is with my go to ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.