Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After not owning a Kel Tec for a few years, I picked up a PF9 this past Saturday. I headed to the gun club Sunday to start my 200 round break-in process, and was expecting a few hickups based on my previous experience with Kel Tecs. However after 100 rounds the little pistol exceeded my expectations and ran perfect. I threw in a few hollow point defense rounds mixed in the magazine, and it never missed a beat. I was planning a fluff and buff, but I'm not going to touch it, just keep cycling rounds through it. I think the key to being successful with any Kel Tec is a firm wrist and many of the complaints come from folks that are not familiar with these pistols.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You are correct about the wrists. IMHO clean and lube is the other area where folks fall down...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another 100 rounds and two magazines of HST through this pistol, and absolutely perfect. I purchased an eight round magazine, and I like the extra length, but I cannot put eight rounds in it. I can get the last round in (just barely) but the magazine will not seat in the pistol. Any ideas? I will take the magazine apart when I get a chance to see if something is hanging, but I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts