Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my P3AT to my local range this afternoon, too hot for fishing, golf, working in the yard,..etc,..

1 box of Magtech and 2 mags with the P3AT-313 1 round ext. mag.

Did a pre-lube and slight f+b before shooting for the first time.

Had NO trouble at all until the 45th round with a fail to eject, might have been a slight limp wrist with trigger finger adjustment during the string.

It easily cleared, and had no other issues at all, except it shot lower than anticipated, overcome with practice,....

This was my final string of double taps at 15 feet. Started to pull left, but that is the shooter(me) and not the pistol.
Goes back to Practice, practice, practice. After more of a break in, I would trust it no problem. Especially with Rem. 102 gr. Golden Sabers.

I'd like to thank this forum for all the tips and advice. The usama bin laden target is from targetz.com they are free and printable.

Thank you,

Tom W.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hi Tom,

Thanks for such a good range report and with pictures no less.

How do like that +1 mag extension? I use the Bersa type finger extions on my 2 P3ATs, which I like a lot, but think I ought to try the +1 one of these days.

Take care...

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Good report Tom. Glad to have you and good work getting it ready. Around 45 rounds on a brand new pistol it could have been getting more subject to LW'ing because it was getting dirty too.

I too like the +1 extensions. I personally cannot stand any of the other finger hooks, but the +1 is the way I would prefer to carry any P3AT that I might have had.

-Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.