First range report from a Newbie

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gabink, Sep 9, 2007.

1. gabink

gabink New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    After following this board for several months I got my P3AT a couple of weeks ago.
    So far I’ve given it a cursory fluff & buff and added a little orange paint to the front sight.  Packer’s mag catch is on the way and most likely a trip to Fuselier plating.  The pics are from my second trip to the range.  The first five shots and the same target with two more 5 shot strings using Fiocchi FMJ at seven yards. (Thirty rounds the first trip, bigger groups but not terrible.)  
    This little beast surprised me since I have no experience with this type of shooting.  I’m an old paper puncher and did some metallic silhouette shooting several years ago.  Recoil is bearable.  I had a Model 29 .44 Mag and T/C Contenders (standard and bull barrels) in .30-30 so maybe I’m comparing it to them.
    Thanks to all posters for the good tips and advice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CHW111

CHW111 New Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Well come to KTOG ,and good shooting. :cool:

3. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Nice shooting ! Whenever I see a post like yours, it tells me that I NEED to get MY tail back to the pistol range. :-[

4. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    EXCELLENT shooting gabink! That Fiocci ammo is quite accurate, but YOU obviously have the touch to bring out its best.

Packer.

5. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Great shooting! Mine shoots a bit to the right like yours, but mine shoots a bit high also at that distance.

Hope you have many, many failure free rounds down range!

Bobo