First post

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by RV, Apr 4, 2008.

1. RV

RV New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Hello all,
    Bought first (!) P-3AT about 3 months ago. 2nd gen. Blued slide and gray grip.
    $225 in pawn shop. Fired very few times. SN #JJTxx.
    Performed F&B as directed here. Followed GoldenLoki's and Jack Fuesler's instructions completely.
    In adition I rounded off the portion of the slide ramp that contacts the hammer. Used a small file.
    Instead of sandpaper I used files and Scotchbright to smooth things. Worked good on grip. Cleaned firing pin hole as described by Jack.
    Since have fired about 600 rounds. Have tried everything. Must report absolutely no effen problems.
    Slight ridge at top of guide pin hole in slide. Appears to be caused by contact with pin and not peening by springs.
    This thing is a curse. And it's all your fault.
    Last week I had to buy another P-3AT and a P-32. But they are other stories
    This is the most informative site I have seen.
    Thanks to all,
    RV

2. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005

Welcome aboard RV!

D@mn first post and your already addicted. ;D

Just in case you misunderstood the concept here, no one is going to help you beat the addiction. We're here to feed it not cure it. ;)

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG :cool:

4. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome

wyo-man

5. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It's amazing how these little gems multiply ;D

6. eduk8tor

eduk8tor New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Good score RV! When you find a price like that, they're hard to pass up, next you'll find yourself wandering over to the PF-9 & P-11 posts...seek help soon, this addiction is extremely contagious! :cool:

7. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard!

KTs are VERY addictive.

And fun! And great in your pocket.

And low priced!

And....

:cool:

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome RV! Great first post.

Addiction? What addiction? More like just habit forming. :)

Take care...

9. kubmiester

kubmiester New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Alcoholics Kel Tecs Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism buying too many Kel Tecs. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking going broke buying Kel Tecs. There are no dues or fees for A KT A membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A KT A is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy (except caliber discussions), neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober not go broke and help other alcoholics KTers to achieve sobriety.

I couldn't resist!  ;D

10. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    They're not addicting, I can quit any time I want! At this point I just choose not to... Oh yeah, welcome to ktog! FYI, peening is caused by the guide rod itself and not the springs but they will be the indicators of failure when they launch from the guide rod hole. Maybe you should post a pic or two of this so we can see what's going on there.