Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,

Been lurkin' for a while researchin' for a pocket rocket. Took the plunge and got a parked P3 J6XXX. Little polishing of feedramp and other strategic areas and lots of lube but not the full blown FnB...here's the initial range report.

1 box of 50 magtech
1 box of 50 independence
1 box 20 Hydroshocks

1st mag of ind: slide wouldn't go all the way forward on a full mag, a little nudge and it was ready to go. 100%

2nd mag of ind: FTF on 3rd shot, FTE on 6th.

Ran fine till last shot on 4th mag...FTE.

After that last hiccup, ran perfect. That's 72 rounds of ball ammo and 13 rnds of Hydroshock(kept 7) without a failure. 115 more and I"ll be good to go.

Got home and during cleaning noticed a slight bit of peening action...just a bit of a protrusion...will let keep you guys informed for those interested on next trip.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Congrated and welcome

When cleaning, don't forget to disassemble the magazine and get the follower cleaned.

You didn'r mention where the protrusons were.

there are a couple areas that will get beaten a little and require a little attention

1) the frame rail opposite the extractor, just file any raised metal back down
2) the end of frame where the recoil guide head fits. the raise metal there usually gets knockdown durring diassasbly. (some times the first disassembly after a lot of shooting required "persading" the slide off)
3) IF it is metal begening to peen out around the slide's recoil guide hole.....that might be a problem

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JFB said:
Congrated and welcome

When cleaning, don't forget to disassemble the magazine and get the follower cleaned.

You didn'r mention where the protrusons were.

there are a couple areas that will get beaten a little and require a little attention

1) the frame rail opposite the extractor, just file any raised metal back down
2) the end of frame where the recoil guide head fits. the raise metal there usually gets knockdown durring diassasbly. (some times the first disassembly after a lot of shooting required "persading" the slide off)
3) IF it is metal begening to peen out around the slide's recoil guide hole.....that might be a problem
Thanks for the welcome fellow mousegun afficionados.

JFB, peening out around the slide's recoil guide hole is the one I was referring to. I'm praying that it doesn't get worse.

I'll try to squeeze off another 100 rounds today if I get a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.