Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here - I am a big fan of the CMR and I thought I would share how I have addressed some of my minor issues with the rifle.
I have my own 3d Printer - all custom parts were designed by me and made from Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate.

Here it is in its current form.
  • I run a Sig Romeo Red Dot with Magpul MBus Pro Sights
  • TLR 3 Pistol Light
  • Linear Comp - which can be converted into a brake by removing the shroud
  • Magpul sling with custom designed/built 2 point sling mounts.
  • Custom designed/built rail covers with end stops
  • Custom designed/built magazine base plate for easier mag removal
Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Detail shots of the rail covers - protects both your hands and the rail from damage.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Automotive tire

Lower handguard with end stops - still allows easy access to the switch for the weapon light.
Trigger Wood Air gun Gas Gun barrel

Detail of the enhanced magazine base plate. It allows you to get a good pull on the mag base with your index finger while you are pressing the release with your thumb.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Finally, some detail shots of my sling set up. (These parts are designed to work with the common and affordable "Uncle Mikes" style QD sling swivels.)
The front mount is a simple slip-fit ring that fits snugly over the barrel
Wood Trigger Air gun Wood stain Hardwood

The rear mount interfaces directly with the stock single point sling eye, it is secured in place with a machine screw and locks up pretty solid.
Wood Air gun Trigger Hardwood Gun accessory

Air gun Wood Trigger Bumper Hardwood

Anyways - l love the gun, with all my custom parts for me it is almost...perfect. At least good enough that I am done tweaking it. Well...maybe I will add a magnifier sometime in the future.

Let me know your comments or if you have any questions.
:alien:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some tasty 3D printed CMR-30 accessories. These seemingly minor upgrades can make a huge difference in performance and these all seem well designed. I'm not usually a magazine base plate guy but your base plate that facilitates magazine removal with the awkward heel mag catch is my favorite of your upgrades. I like the ambidextrous magazine release on the CMR-30, in theory, but in practice it seemed inconvenient. I didn't attempt to fix the problem, even though that is my nature. I just lived with it.

I have seven 3D printers. The filament printers make strong parts if properly designed and sliced for FDM printing, but I'm increasingly using the resin printers for structural parts. Those parts are incredibly strong, on par with injection molded nylon.

Have you considered uploading your designs so others may print them? I think Thingiverse doesn't like firearm accessories (BOO!) but there are other places that will appreciate and host such files.

I have a Streamlight TLR-2 HLG laser light combo on my KSG shotgun and it's fairly awesome. I think of my CMR-30 as a bit longer range weapon, but a TLR on a CMR would be a great option for a PDW. (I should probably include an abbreviations dictionary with that sentence.)

Thanks for a great first post! (y)
Woah - that is a lot of printers! What do you use them all for?
I think a resin printer is in my future for just for parts like this. We have a few Form 3s at work and the guys in the shop seem to love them.

I will consider posting my files on Printables.com the Prusa version of Thingiverse...but I haven't decided yet.
I will post an update here when I make my mind up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, great first post. PMR and 2 CMRs got me started with Kel-Tecs (those and the S2K). I won't get a 3D printer because I know I would go as crazy and absorbed as I did about pc's in 1984 and I'm too old to dive that deep again. Welcome to the site. I did a thread about 2 years ago about needing more conversation on the CMR-30. If you don't have a PMR yet, you need one to keep the CMR happy. They play well together.
I will look for your old post - I agree that we need more CMR tinkering.
As for the PMR - yeah I need to find one that isn't $200 over priced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decided to upload the files to my Printables Page. Enjoy. Message me with any questions - or if you want me to print some parts for you...we can work something out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts