First P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Tn2000SK, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Tn2000SK

Tn2000SK New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    I am a carry permit holder in TN. I have been cruising the KTOG site for several weeks seeking information, good and bad on the P3AT. I was searching for a small, lightweight handgun with adequate firepower to wear in an ankle rig. (I drive a lot on my job and find myself in not-so-friendly territory at times) My regular carry weapon is a H&K P2000SK in .40S&W, which in my opinion is one of the finest handguns made....At any rate, I finally purchased a lightly used 2nd P3AT. It was economical, especially compared to the HK, so I thought there was nothing to lose. The KTOG site alerted me on what to do and look for. I immediately cleaned and lubed the piece then took it to the range. I WAS IMPRESSED with this little cannon. No FTE or FTF. Accuracy was adequate for this type of handgun. Thanks to all the regulars on the KTOG site for your invaluable information. The P3AT was exactly as described--with no surprises. I feel confident with this as a BUG to my P2000SK or as a stand alone CCW. THANKS!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG. Sounds like you got a deal.

Once you make up your mind what limitations are acceptable in firepower you can live with. If less than 9mm, there is nothing in its class for concealibility.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome to the forum!

Yep, a really nice gun, perhaps especially as a BUG. However, for many of us civilians living what we believe are low threat lives and not frequenting hostile teritories the P3AT quickly becomes our primary, if not only, CCW.

Take care ...