Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a nice day today so I took the PMR-30 to the ranger.

Accuracy and reliability have been good so far with all the ammunition I've tried.

However, on the third magazine, I went to release the slide and noticed that the slide stop (release) button had disappeared! :eek:

I searched all around, but could not find it.

The folks at Kel-Tec were gone for the day, but I sent a message via the web site.

Can I presume that this is a part I can install myself? How is the part attached? The exploded view seems to show a small tab on the button and a slot on the slide stop brazement..

mbogo

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
My bad, I read your post and my mind went to the mag release for some reason.

It's hard to tell how the slide stop button mounts. It almost looks like it just pushes in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes.

I found photos of the individual parts involved.
The slidee stop brazement

The slide stop button:

It looks like the slot on the back side of the button fits over the tab on the brazement.

mbogo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, looks like an easy fix. I would assume they will send you the part.
The ease of the fix depends upon how far I have to tear it down to get to the brazement.

I have to call them tomorrow 9a-3p Eastern and hope they can get the part in the mail the same day.

mbogo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, the new slide stop button is on its way, and I don't have to disassemblewe the gun to install it.

A dab of glue or epoxy was recommended when installing the new part.

mbogo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.