First gen hammer block question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by james__12345, Feb 1, 2011.

1. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    My dad just bought a first gen P3AT . . . witht he old hammer block. My question is, if we send it in, will they fix the hammer block, or will they just send a new second gen gun. I've heard they do that with many problems now with the first gens. If anyone has done this recently, let me know what was done. Thanks.

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    The hammer block can be a pretty easy DIY fix and KT will send you one for free. If you look at the top of the PF9 section there is a good thread that will show you how. The P3 is basically the same just smaller. The only tools you should need will be a set of punches, a small hammer, scrap of wood and maybe a small screwdriver or needle nose pliers. If you have any trouble I'm sure we could talk you through it.

I don't think KT would send back a 2G for something as simple as a hammer block but I didn't send my G1 P32 in to find out.

CJ

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If you don't mind the hassle and expense of shipping and lost time with the gun, I'm sure KT would change the hammer block for you for free.  However, they have parts to repair 1st gen guns and they do not normally replace them with new guns unless they are essentially beyond repair.  As was said, you could call KT service and they'd send you the part.  The hammer block is a little tricky but is DIYable.