Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, put my first 100 rounds through my P3AT yesterday...after the first shot completely dissappearing...I was consistantly inside the circle the rest of the time...I actually found it very easy to shoot. First shot must have been an "anticipation error"!

50 rounds of Aguila - 1 jam around shot 30
50 rounds of Independence - no issues

Completely dissasembled, cleaned...God, I hope I got that thing back together right...everything seems to cycle properly.

Greg

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Hey Digger,
Welcome. Glad you had a good time with your first outing with the little pup. As long as you got all the pieces back in, it should be fine. If you look at the "exploded diagram" parts list, part 115 loves to run away and hide. When you strip the gun, as soon as the slide comes off, put that little part with the slide pin. It only goes in one way, so you can't really get it wrong, but you sure won't be the first to call the company and ask for a replacement. ;)

Have you done a Fluff and Buff? Check out the tech works section. Lots of good info.
Again, welcome and safe shooting,
Lop

Shoot, clean, lube, repeat....

·
Registered
165 Posts
If its a new gun, then its very likely that the piece mentioned earlier will most likely not fall out, or even be able to be removed for that matter. It is now a press fit piece. Mine won't come out at all

·
Registered
898 Posts
Pretty good first outing. Any explanation for that one jam? I wouldn't worry so long as you get through the next 100 or so and some of your carry ammo without issue.

Good luck...

·
Registered
145 Posts
james__12345 said:
If its a new gun, then its very likely that the piece mentioned earlier will most likely not fall out, or even be able to be removed for that matter.  It is now a press fit piece.  Mine won't come out at all
Yep, mine is the same way !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BillK said:
Pretty good first outing. Any explanation for that one jam? I wouldn't worry so long as you get through the next 100 or so and some of your carry ammo without issue.

Good luck...
It was the first magazine that I had rapid fired through...I did it several other times with no problem...guess she was just getting warmed up!

GT

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
james__12345 said:
If its a new gun, then its very likely that the piece mentioned earlier will most likely not fall out, or even be able to be removed for that matter.  It is now a press fit piece.  Mine won't come out at all
+1 Mine is 2009 manufacture and it won't come out of frame at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts