First 100 hundred rounds...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TheWrights2004, Dec 12, 2008.

1. TheWrights2004

TheWrights2004 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I just wanted to stop in and say I just recently picked up my p3at and just ran the first 100 through 'er. This 'lil betty packs a punch. I must say that after reading all the reports about discomt in shooting that I was quite impressed w/ how she felt after finishing. No numbness or tingling sensations to report. I am still planning on adding a hogue jr over some shock absorbers and am expecting it to just improve the overall comfort that much more. I only had 1 FTE and I am almost certain it was my fault as a result of limp wristing (I was using winchester white box ammo). Other than that it worked flawlessly. I look forward to getting to run more clips through 'er and improving my overall accuracy. Right now I am working pretty close groupings at about 12-15 feet and hitting consistently in the torso at 25 feet. I was shooting about 80% one handed w/ sighting just pointing and squeezing. Also, want to look into finding some high visibility paint for the sites...any suggestions? I'll stop rambling now. Also, want to say great site so far and look forward to exploring it more.

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forums. Thanks for posting a positive report. Glad you are enjoying the site

John

3. kbizzle

kbizzle New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    hey wrights,

congrats on your first 100.  some people prefer sight paint but i've had the best luck with NiteSiters adhesive dots.  it looks way more professional and precise than my first paint job attempts.  the little dot has held up well for me so far.  here's a link to a thread with some more info (there's also a link to a photo of my sight in the thread):

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228253170

welcome.  there's an absolute library's worth of information in this forum.

kb

4. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    You might want to consider sprinter's grip instead of the hogue. I've done everything from bike tube to the hogue jr. trimmed and installed upside down. I just couldn't get a fit that I liked with the finger groove. I ordered sprinter's grip and couldn't be more pleased. YMMV

5. TheWrights2004

TheWrights2004 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I forgot about sprinter's thanks for reminding me. I went ahead and ordered one from him and will see how it goes. Local shop was out of Hogues and didn't know when more would be in w/ all thats going on so I figured sprinters was a lil cheaper and I can get it by middle of next week so I'll give it a shot. I'm gonna layer it over some "shock absorber" material I got from Ape in another post (similar to sprinters product as well) and see how that combo goes.