Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost the firing pin spring while working on my P3-AT. Is there some other spring I could get locally(Denver,Co area) that would work as a replacement. I know I can get one from KT, but just wondering if there is any substitute.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Here is an earlier post which gives the dimensions of that spring.  however, if you cut one from a stock lenght of 0.15 OD 4#/inch, you will have two open ends.  an open end on the pin is not to bad, but an open end in the channedl could damage the fit and let the spring work its way out the FP hole.

This post was discussing that recent FP springs from KT were shorter (less compressed when installed).

Good luck, but I think you need to get one from KT eventially
JFB said:
The new FP springs I just recieved from KT are identical to my original.   Shoots the FP about 5 to 6 feet when screw is loosen ;)  I've also included dimensions of the P32 FP spring sent with the 13# recoil springs.  (the wolf is a tight fit to the FP, actual interferance at mid section taper)

F Poriginalwolff
wire0.0240.025
OD0.1570.149
Coils2222
free lenght1.031.05
Compress0.530.55
force ~4 nt
twistLH RH

If the desired lenght is No compression when installed, it looks like it should be 3 active coils less with a free lenght of 0.88"

G

·
blackdog said:
I lost the firing pin spring while working on my P3-AT. Is there some other spring I could get locally(Denver,Co area) that would work as a replacement. I know I can get one from KT, but just wondering if there is any substitute.

blackdow, read ur pm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.