Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a member is selling these, but I have found some that are nearly perfect.
I ordered a set of 100 alloy steel button head socket cap screws in 6-32, with a 5/16" length. Only about 1 thread needs to come off to fit perfectly. And they are black!
Just thought I would let ya know.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I believe the other member you are referring to (t-rex) is selling Torx head screws.
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=2503;action=display;num=1144816201

You didn't say what type of tool yours were designed for (hex/allen, Torx, Phillips, etc.).

Are you offering to sell some of yours?
If not, can you share with us where you got yours?

By the way, I understand that Kel-Tec is now using a screw with a harder material than in the past. If you order screws from them ask for the new harder ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, They are an allen head. I think they are pretty strong. Seem a lot better than the factory type I had.
I don't know how I would sell these.
I "only" have 99 left, and am not sure how many for what price. Not only that, but if someone was unhappy with these because they are not "drop in"....
Like I said, I had to take off maybe 1/4-1/2 of a THREAD. So not much trouble to get these to work.
So, if you send me a self addressed and stamped envelope shipping would be taken car of and paypal me 3 dollars for 5 screws...is that fair?
Here's some info on the screws.

Rockwell Hardness C39-C44
Minimum Tensile Strength 145,000 psi
Thread Fit Class 3A
ASTM Specification F835

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
O.K. We would need your e-mail addy & your physical addy for that. Or we could just put 3 $1 bills inside the stamped self addressed envelope. They shouldn't be visible thru the outside envelope.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really want to post my address. I'll take emails though. I prefer paypal or money order because it's safer for everybody. If mailing cash seems safe though, you gotta do what you gotta do!
Please let me know if I am crossing any boundries (ie underselling Trex), which is NOT my intention. Just trying to figure something out for myself and have quite a few left over.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
czielsdorf said:
I don't really want to post my address.  I'll take emails though. I prefer paypal or money order because it's safer for everybody.
You can open a link to your email by making it public in your profile. That will open a 3rd icon beneath your user name, like mine has. You could also PM those who are interested with your mailing address, so they are the ONLY ones who see it. I mean a money order still has to be addressed right? I have to admit I would prefer the torx version, but I'm also one of the fortunates who hasn't had a problem with that bolt. I'm not gigging on you, just trying to be helpful.

;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3wbdriver said:
You can open a link to your email by making it public in your profile. That will open a 3rd icon beneath your user name, like mine has. You could also PM those who are interested with your mailing address, so they are the ONLY ones who see it. I mean a money order still has to be addressed right? I have to admit I would prefer the torx version, but I'm also one of the fortunates who hasn't had a problem with that bolt. I'm not gigging on you, just trying to be helpful.

;)
Thanks for the tips!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.