Fired my new P3AT today.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Iexpedite08, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Iexpedite08

Iexpedite08 New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Hello all...I recently completed a CCW course and was looking for a pistol.  I purchased a buyers guide and looked for the key phrases I wanted.  The Kel-Tec line in particular the P32 originally caught my eye, but after further research I realised it was a little underpowered.  I then found this website which solidified my decision to buy Kel-Tec.  I went to the gun shop to put my hands on the 32, 380, and 9MM to see which I liked best.  The 32 and 380 where so similar in size I saw no reason to take the reduction in power for the 32's slightly smaller dimensions.  So I bought the 380 and today fired my first 25 rounds through it.  It has a loud report but not too loud.  It's size made it difficult to get a good grip on initially but I got used to it quickly.  After 25 rounds there where no problems.  I took it home to tear it down which also proved to be really easy.  The information I gained from this site helped me make the right choice...thanks everyone.  Now all I need is a laser sight, holster, magazine extension...and who knows what else.

2. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sounds good. I've got an Armalaser for mine and really like it. It gives you the ability to quickly point and shoot without having to sight in if you have to.

I've become a big fan of the +1 extension. It makes this gun so much easier to hold on to. You'll probably want to get a KTADDONS grip or the like. Some people prefer the gun with no grips, but I've got the KTADDONS grip with pads under a bicycle tube grip.

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to KTOG. Sounds like you had a good first time at the range with the new gun. Always remember clean, lube, shoot (especially the lube)..

John