Fiocchi HP?  Aguila?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 3AXBAT, Mar 2, 2009.

1. 3AXBAT

3AXBAT New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    What is the consensus on Fiocchi XTP HP? I did a search and only came up with the wetpack test, which seemed to not much better than FMJ. What about their other hollow point?

And I can't find out much about the Aguila hollow point. Any one know about that stuff?

2. Rounder1106

Rounder1106 New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Re: Fiocchi HP?  Aguila?

I shot 50 rounds of Aguila HP today at the range. No misfires or duds, but if you CAN find a top rated brand I would go with that. I cannot find any .380 anywhere around here except PMC range rounds and Aguila HP so I am actually carrying 7 Aguila's in my P3AT right now. I hope they work if I need them. Let me go knock on some wood. :-/

3. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009

I have had the same problem lately finding .380 Luckily I can get issued some gold dot through work, but I have been shooting some bulk reload no name ammo... the only stuff I can find. I must be lucky because my gun seems to fire whatever I run in it.

4. 3AXBAT

3AXBAT New Member

Feb 2, 2009

So rounder, how did the Aguila function in the 3AT? It sure looks like blunt bullet profile.

5. Rounder1106

Rounder1106 New Member

Mar 2, 2009

I had 1 failure to eject out of 50. The other 49 shot like normal. This was a brand new P3AT I was shooting so this was during the "break in" period.

Here is the thing though....I just cycled some Federal Hydra Shok through the P3AT and out of 20 rounds, I had 12 fail to load and jam. I noticed that the tip of the hollow point on the Aguila is more rounded where the Hydra Shok is pretty flat. I am hoping after running another 50-100 rounds of the Hydras through there it will clear itself up with the feed, but it just goes to show that just because it costs more does not mean it will work better. As of now, I would have to say I would rather have the Aguilas on me than the Hydra Shoks. I am sure that will change after I get this damn pistol broken in which really ****es me off with all these adjustments needing to be made to this gun to make it work proficiently. Why the hell doesn't Kel Tec get this crap straight in the factory before sending them out? I am keeping the faith though and I guess I just had higher expectations on the "reliability factor". After carrying a Glock for over 10 years that I know will go bang when I pull the trigger I just want that same confidence with the P3AT.

6. jbabbler

jbabbler New Member

Dec 27, 2008

I saw the Aguila 9mm rounds today and had never heard of them before. They were an odd size at 127gr. The nose was very round and they look like they would feed well based on the fact that there are no edges to catch. I'd love to see some milk carton tests on them.