Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have had good performance from Fiocchi ammunition. All calibers.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Had 300 blackout Fiocchi pop a few primers with flattened primers on some of the others a couple years back. Seemed like the loads were inconsistent, possible overloads. Never had a problem with 32 S$W, 9mm, 45acp, 9 Mak, 357 mag or 223. Its not my first choice in ammo but goes boom with reasonable accuracy.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I chronographed both the blue box American-made Fiocchi .32 Auto FMJ and the red box Italian-made item, out of my P32. I haven't seen any significant difference. Depending on the time of year, velocites of both are between 810 and 850 fps. I thought the Italian version would be hotter, but was not the case.

From what I've measured, S&B FMJ is usually about 50 fps faster.

·
Registered
471 Posts
yep edc ammo here as well... need to try the S&B as i also chronied the Fiocchi and velocitys didnt meet their specs.. My handloads run close to those velocities, but i wont carry handloads :)

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
I've carried S&B too. I'm sure it's hotter. It feels like it. Had a batch of bad primers with S&B. I don't think it's that common but I went back to Fiocchi just to be safe.
I haven't shot S&B lately, but they do have some history of "hard primers" that some guns could not always ignite.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Never had problems with Fiocchi or S&B - both good, always have gone bang for me, and don't burn filthy. I'm carrying some old S&B in my P32 with silver-colored bullets ... which aren't really SILVER-silver, just imitation silver, so I guess they're mainly only good for imitation werewolves. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
tks for these posts, folks... i'm due to pick up a P-32 and NAA Guardian .32ACP this week and have ordered the bulk (redbox FMJ) Fiocchi...

btw, i'm also a rimfire fan and recently scored a 1,575-round order of Fiocchi HVCP - it is a heck of a lot cleaner than CCI SV or Aguila SE in my .22s (S&W 317, MkIII RIO, NAA Sidewinder, HP22A) - and just as accurate, IMHO

willie
on the rainy Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
277 Posts
Let us know how your NAA fares, please. I sold--and immediately regretted doing so--a Guardian .32 last year, and was considering another one.
will do... i've been waiting for some to show up on LGS on-line inventory, and several have popped up in the last month, so i took the plunge - it will be interesting to do a side-by-side w/the P-32

willie
on the chilly Gulf of Mexico

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.