Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of us know the trigger rests against the front of the frame opening. That can, and does cause the finger to get pinched when releasing. My question is, does the newest generation still have this problem? I have two P32s, neither pinch me. I really want up upgrade one of the 32s to 380.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
589 Posts
As many of us know the trigger rests against the front of the frame opening. That can, and does cause the finger to get pinched when releasing. My question is, does the newest generation still have this problem? I have two P32s, neither pinch me. I really want up upgrade one of the 32s to 380.

Thanks,
George
If you want a good finger pinching, it can still be accomplished on the gen 2.

I have shot my gen 1 and 2 enough to either callose up or avoid the pinch all together,cant really say which:D

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Since the triggers of the P-32 and P3AT are, I think, pretty much the same, then if the P-32 trigger does not bother you, you probably would not have trouble with the P3AT either. Another factor is that Pops at Northwoods Components is working on a new aluminum trigger for the P3AT (much like he has done for the PF-9 and P-11) which would eliminate trigger pinch for those who have this problem with the factory trigger. Not sure when that project will be done and/or available, but that would seem to provide an excellent upgrade as it did for the PF-9.

Jim R

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
It's a simple matter to shorten and round the end of the plastic trigger if you are getting pinched by the pointy end.

It's one of the first things I did to my old P3AT when I got it.

rc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oddly enough, the KTs 32 and 380 triggers are slightly different...at least the 32 doesn't rest against the frame. Never pinches. That's why I have two 32s...love the size and feel and conceals great. That's also why I still want a KT 380. Anyone ever try the PF9's trigger shoe on one of these? Anyone ever relieved the trigger opening in the frame?

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a simple matter to shorten and round the end of the plastic trigger if you are getting pinched by the pointy end.

It's one of the first things I did to my old P3AT when I got it.

rc
My pinch point is between the top of the trigger and frame opening. OH MAN.... I just realized I'm confused... The pinching is with the PF9...that's why I bought a Taurus Slim... I got to get to a gun shop and check this out.... Sorry for the confusion....

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Just shorten and round the end of the trigger like I said in post #5.

IMO: Trigger shoes are a safety issue on pocket guns.
They stick out past the trigger guard and make snagging the trigger while re-holstering more likely.
I believe they out-lived their usefulness when bullseye revolver shooters still used them in 1955.

rc

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a P-3AT, P-11, and PF-9. The triggers all pinch the bottom of my trigger finger to varying degrees b/c the triggers have too much curve. Never been pinched at the top of the finger between the trigger and grip when letting the trigger go forward, but I can see the potential for trouble there.

I'd try this. Remove the frame from the grip, then use a small file or some sandpaper to round the front edge of the trigger opening in the grip. You could even lengthen the opening a bit because the front trigger stop is in the frame, not the grip.

BTW, fixed the bottom finger pinching by heating the triggers and straightening them.

Love KT pistols; like my old VW Bug, they're a tinkerer's delight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine pinched at the top. Added two layers of shrink tubing 3 years ago. Hasn't come off yet. No pinching now.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have new kt380 trigger, other member said to heat it and bend it down. It worked, I put in freezer to Kool it down.

He said to put something in pin hole for a fixture. I have numbered drill bits, found one that fit. Then heated with hair dryer.

I checked it out of freezer, it works! I am sanding a lil' off and then one heat shrink piece on it.

"leave a lamp on"

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First, sorry for the confusion ... next, thanks for the replies and suggestions. Next gun show will find a new 380 in my pocket. If there's any pinching, out comes the hair dryer, sandpaper/file for the grip, and some heat shrink. Triple whammy...

Thanks Again,
George

1 - 13 of 13 Posts