·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my new 2G P3AT 6-25-06
and two range trips my result where
219 total rounds and 34 FTE.

Then I added a Bersa finger ext. and did a full F&B
and put in a new extractor, spring and screw.
My results after three more range trips
200 flawless rounds.

I thought I would remove the finger extension
for just that much more concealment and the
range trip resulted in 1 stove pipe and 2 FTE
out of 35 rounds shot.

I was shooting one handed and was not
limp wristing but, it seems that little extra movement allowed by removing the extension
was enough to cause FTE in my gun.

So if you want to know if the finger extensions help
I would say YES THEY DO..

It's not any more difficult to pocket this gun with
the added extension and it's much more comfortable to shoot.

The extension is back on and I still love my KT :D

Sorry to rant,

Rob

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Two Pistol Packer said:
+1 on the +1! I like it also. It's metal, and won't break if you drop it..
I’m thinking we could get a friendly wager going here. I inherited two +1 extensions on extra magazines from one of my P-3AT purchases. One of those metal +1s broke the first day (just shoving it in) and I seldom use the other for fear of breakage (ok, so I don’t like it either). The polymer NAA or Bersa will far outlast that thin strip of metal in the +1 if you repeatedly drop them fully of ammo on a concrete floor.

Wilson – who’s quick to defend his babies :)

PS I know Kel-Tec would replace it but its not worth the postage

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
fatman said:
I tried the NAA extensions Wilson recommends but went back the the KT +1.
I’ll give you $5 for that NAA extension, if you cover shipping. At least I won’t have to worry about a polymer part arriving bent or broken, like I would if it were a thin metal strip.

Wilson – who’s always looking for a discount ::)

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
No wager! We've just had different experiences. I have never dropped a plus one and had it break, but I HAVE had a Bersa break.

We BOTH have broken them shoving them in though. It just depends on if you get one that's not tempered right.

Packer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rufus Wallaby said:
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you install the bersa extension? Does it just slide on and replace the magazine base plate?
Yes the Bersa slides on with no modifications, just push in the center button with a pen and slowly slide off the base plate covering the opening as you do so the spring doesn't go flying, then slide on the Bersa on and the button should pop up to lock it in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.