Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a PF-9 in late July of 2011. Two days before a scheduled trip to the range to try it out, I suffered a stroke affecting my left side. I spent time in the hospital and then a nursing home for rehab. I've also had rehab at home.

Today I and a friend went to a gun club indoor range and I was able to put 50 rounds of American Eagle 124 grain RN hardball thru the PF-9.

I am happy to report that the PF-9 worked perfectly, even shooting one handed. :) I have never been bothered by recoil so the recoil of this pistol was not a problem. All the rounds were in the A zone of an IPSC target at 10 yards.:cool:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Congrats, Fred. A big "Hello" from just south of you (Lebanon).

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's good to hear you are getting around Fred.
Target shooting can be very therapeutic and is highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
good to hear you are well enough to go shooting and your " new " pistol is working good for you

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Double Woot! (I just like the word) :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Double Woot! (I just like the word) :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
:
That's spelled lower case "w", zero zero, lower case "t", like so: w00t!
Big trouble with the interwebz politzei if it isn't ... lol

Hello and best wishes from the southy-est and westy-est of ohio, cincinnati!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
:
I was online before the formation of the term. I came up on usenet, irc channels, and dial-in BBS's and, frankly, [email protected] is for idiots. Back 30 years ago it was sort of a fun "in-joke" for us hackers (in the original sense of the word) to substitute characters. Now it just looks wannabe so I avoid it. Maybe I should just give up the word too but I always kinda liked it.

You're a bit far but, as I do with all other of my web-forum friends who are near-ish, let me invite you to come visit my Western Martial Arts club. We meet on Tuesday nights and study bowie knife, tomahawk, military saber, classic pugilism, bartitsu, slungshot, and a bunch of other martial arts from western civ. :) Loads o'fun.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was online before the formation of the term. I came up on usenet, irc channels, and dial-in BBS's and, frankly, [email protected] is for idiots. Back 30 years ago it was sort of a fun "in-joke" for us hackers (in the original sense of the word) to substitute characters. Now it just looks wannabe so I avoid it. Maybe I should just give up the word too but I always kinda liked it.

You're a bit far but, as I do with all other of my web-forum friends who are near-ish, let me invite you to come visit my Western Martial Arts club. We meet on Tuesday nights and study bowie knife, tomahawk, military saber, classic pugilism, bartitsu, slungshot, and a bunch of other martial arts from western civ. :) Loads o'fun.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I was just funnin' ya bud, someone schooled me on the use of w00t back in the day on a long running thread on a different board, and it has always struck me as funny... guess I should have clarified that in my post, it does look a little l33t upon further review. Lol.

I do find myself in the greater Dayton area on occasion, and when I do again ill take you up on that offer. Its always nice to meet up with like minded individuals that are "near-ish" to ones self, it makes me feel like there may be hope for humanity afterall.

No jerkishness intended
-Devil

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I was just funnin' ya bud, someone schooled me on the use of w00t back in the day on a long running thread on a different board, and it has always struck me as funny... guess I should have clarified that in my post, it does look a little l33t upon further review. Lol.
Fair enough.

I do find myself in the greater Dayton area on occasion, and when I do again ill take you up on that offer. Its always nice to meet up with like minded individuals that are "near-ish" to ones self, it makes me feel like there may be hope for humanity afterall.

No jerkishness intended
-Devil
Love to have you stop by.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Devil_Anse said:
:

I think that reply was funny Devil, and I got the tongue-in-cheek. It's like with saying clip instead of magazine. You always get some hall monitor who corrects it.

Although I do find myself cringing when I'm out in public and someone says clip.

My reason for disliking "elite" speak (I refuse to even copy it properly ) had more to do with punk online gamers. I imagine the back in the day early jackets were probably pretty cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts