Finally...I Found One

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rustyg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Rustyg

Rustyg New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    After about 3 months of looking at every gun store I come across, I finally got my P3AT.  I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time.  

My serial # range is K24xx, I hope this is one of the latest ones.

I took it out to shoot it this weekend with only a cleaning and some minor feed ramp polishing.  I had about 5 or 6 FTFs out of about 60 rounds fired, most were at the beginning, I could tell it got better as time went on.  I feel it will break in fine after a few hundred rounds.  I was using Remington/UMC FMJ as that was all that I had. Accuracy was better than expected.

I brought it home and done a bit of smoothing/sanding as per the Goldenloki website.  Now I'm just waiting to get out and try it again.

One thing I was pleased with was the felt recoil, I was expecting a handful, but that was not the case.  I actually found it pleasant to shoot.  Not near the felt recoil of my PF-9.

All in all, I think I will really like this gun when I get it broken in.

2. MirageES

MirageES New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    First, congrats on the find.

Second, I bought one in Late Nov. Early Dec. serial # starting with KO. Also, how did you like the Remington/UMC FMJ? I am looking for new target ammo.

--David

3. Rustyg

Rustyg New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    The ammo is fine, seemed to group pretty well. The gun was not dirty after firing. It is practice ammo though, so I wasn't expecting it to be top quality. I would buy and use again IF I could find more.

4. MirageES

MirageES New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks for the information. I know my local Wal-Mart has some, I might go pick some up. Check your local places and I'm sure you can find a little more. If you have a local Wal-Mart, check there first.

--David

5. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Ditto on the Rem UMC, being clean shooting. I usually shoot only Rem's for practice, and not very dirty, used Magtec yesterday, and after 50 rds had to clean the laser, shot fine, but extreamly dirty. (that was the P 32) At least it seemed much dirtier than usual. Shot 50 WWB through the P3AT, and not nearly as dirty as the magtec. My twins seem to like everything. Jim <><

6. Texas_Red

Texas_Red New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I'd been trying to find a P-3AT for the past couple of months, too. My go-to gunshop siad they wouldn't get one in for months. So, I found one on Gun Broker that I just picked up form a local FFL at noon. I'll give a good clean/lube/basic fluff n' buff before I give a workout. Bought 100 rounds of WWB to break it in with.

7. Fasst

Fasst New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Congrats! I missed a heck of a deal on a P3AT package locally last night :(

8. nmshooter

nmshooter New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Good job finally finding one. I stumbled on mine here on the TP and am glad I picked it up.

Pretty scarce nowadays.

9. Rustyg

Rustyg New Member

Oct 31, 2008
    They're so hard to get in my area that the dealers laugh when I ask. I must have asked the same dealers at least 15 times each. Some laughed when I just walked in the store.

10. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I lucked out and found my P-3AT at a store about a month ago but now it's the clerks at the ammo counter at Wal Mart that start laughing when they see me coming down the isle!

Ed

11. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    It's funny how they are more difficult to find in some areas more than others. I live in a town of 20,000 and there are always P-3AT's available. Last time I checked one store had 4 and another had 2 on the shelves.

12. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Congratulations. Continue to enjoy!

Bo Bryant

13. Rustyg

Rustyg New Member

Oct 31, 2008

What area do you live in?

14. Kel007

Kel007 New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Thanks for the information. I know my local Wal-Mart has some, I might go pick some up. Check your local places and I'm sure you can find a little more. If you have a local Wal-Mart, check there first.

--David[/quote]

David

Where are you located? My local Wal-Marts (Orlando, Fl) have been out of .380 acp for many months now.