Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took me a couple years, but the KelTec booth at the NRA Convention in St Louis had a few on display so I at long last got to experience one first hand today.

Pictures can never tell the whole story, you just gotta grab one and see if it fits you.

To be 100% honest I was unimpressed with the pistol. Can't say it would be on my wish list for firearms, but different strokes for different folks and all that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that handling it often gives the impression of a "toy" gun....it's sooo light.
HOWEVER, shooting it is a completely different experience...no "toy" feeling there!
It's what leads people to see it as a SD weapon..the powerful feeling plus the 30 rnd capacity plus the semi auto ...very nice.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMHO it is kinda squirt-gun flimsy and the grip for MY hand is rather uncomfortable because of its length. I will NEVER view any rimfire as a SD caliber but do accept that in such a short barrel the .22 mag is VERY loud and makes a jim-dandy big 'ol fireball, if that floats yer boat, or makes you blind and deaf in a nightime SD scenario.....lol

I have no doubt that if they ever get all the bugs worked out of this thing it could be a very reliable platform for those who want one. There are any number of very successful polymer pistols out there by other makers.

·
Registered
301 Posts
randy,

while appreciate your perception, continueing to 'belittle' the gun with such negativity seems overboard, also, please review the performance of the new .22 SD ammo compared and equalling the .380...

and now that we know you don't like the PMR .22mag, doesn't seem much reason to post here, constructive and objective opinions are warranted.

thanks for your sharing your thoughts with us.

·
Registered
301 Posts
PS, re: working all the bugs out.. every gun can and usually does have issues that are continually being worked out..

my sons RUGER SR9C had to be returned due to poor/light strikes on the primer thus not firing.. perhaps we should call RUGER and complain about the 'bugs' in their guns not allowing them to fire when needed... hmmm, and as I recall shooting that gun, it is loud,, wonder what that would be like in a SD scenario in my home/room at night?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"IMHO it is kinda squirt-gun flimsy and the grip for MY hand is rather uncomfortable because of its length" That is MY view based upon handling one. There are MANY handguns out there that are not comfortable in MY hand - therefore I would not own them, that view is not something I consider 'overboard negativity' rather it is a statement of fact.

I appreciate that there are many who do find the PMR comnfortable and are comfortable using a rimfire for SD. If only positive comments are viewed as acceptable on this forum, then yes I agree, I have no business posting my view of this pistol. I would hope however that ALL comments are welcome here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got to see one today at a local gun show while it's new owner was being checked out. No pre-orders just the "take your chance and call" method.

·
Registered
301 Posts
randy,
you gotta admit your post here on a 'owners' forum given your dislike/non purchase/own is a little unusual, especially when you have stated essentially the same thing 3x.

do you go to every owner/gun site forum and post your dislikes?
that is all I will say further.

I do wish you and yours health and happiness, good hunting/safe shooting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Randy,
You are right about the feel, it is light and toy like!
But that's what makes it what it is....
I love mine and Kel-Tec is selling them as fast as they make them...
So you are in the minority, but to each their own. :rolleyes:

Lateck,

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Ok, I'll chime in here...First time I picked up a PMR (first and only one I've ever seen, and is now mine) Also thought it felt like a squirt gun..seemed weird almost...got it home and started shooting...YEEHAA!!! I love my little plastic wonder Dammit!!...feels good in my hand, and accurate as heck!

Can I get an YEEHAA here..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts